New unfinished metal piece (solo help?)

PDA

View Full Version : New unfinished metal piece (solo help?)

ch715dallat
02-16-2007, 04:22 PM
i started this on monday and added bits and pieces to it when i was bored during the week, and im pretty damn happy with it so far, i put alot more effort into the drums on this than i did on the last one, im just coming to the breakdown and i wanted to slow it down from 190bpm to 140/150 but i just can think of anything to bridge between the chorus and the next riff thats in there i just put something in there but im intnding to replace it, if anyone could give me some ideas for the breakdown id appreciate it also if someone could maybe make up a few solo ideas for it that i could work on as i dont want to mess this one up with a shitty solo :)

anyway crit 4 crit and add to the file if you can to help,

thanks
chris

edit: forgot this, lol

fruit lover
02-16-2007, 04:39 PM
It sounds pretty good but I can't express how much I hate the sound of Midi.

ch715dallat
02-16-2007, 06:17 PM
yeah it doesnt sound good in midi, the drums are too loud but in guitar pro its sounds nice. :cheers:

benttwig33
02-17-2007, 12:53 AM
could someone PM me with the prgram to make music liek that?

ch715dallat
02-17-2007, 08:17 AM
could someone PM me with the prgram to make music liek that?

guitar pro, search it in google, and buy it

TheDarkestNights
02-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Hey, thanks for the crit. :cheers:.

I love your piece, those riffs were killer. Reminded me of all sorts of bands, e.g. Lamb of God, Children of Bodom and Trivium. I really like those bands, so 10/10 for the riffs. Quite repetative and dull without vocals, but I'm sure if you added some growly vocals into that it would be a hell of a tune.

I'm not the best at writing solos, but I attempted one, tell me if you like it or not. If you do feel free to keep it. This was done in about 5 minutes as I had to help my dad with something, so tell me what you like and what you don't, and if you want I'll try and edit it, or feel free to do so yourself.

EDIT: File taken down because the solo sucks. I'll put time into it now and re-upload when I'm happier with it.

Double EDIT: Here it is, about 10 / 15 mins worth, so it's quite short. I like it, but lemme know what you think?

ch715dallat
02-17-2007, 03:09 PM
hey thanks man that was cool, some nice licks in there ill mess around with it a take bits and pieces and and some breaks and bends and shit, that was crazy fast, i should be able to play it alright tho, just a bit of practice to be done, i can definitely see your COB influences man, once i mess about with this this week ill send you the finished or nearly finished version and see what you think.

thanks for the help DarkestNights,
:cheers:

if anyone else could help with a riff to go at the part where i wrote help, it would be good ive got a few ideas but theyre not perfect so anyways thanks for looking.

USCENDONE BENE
02-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Thats a nuts solo from the darkest nights there, but fits in very well with the song. As for the original, i loved the verse part, it sounded very much like something you would hear on a Billy Talent song. Personally i would have liked to have seen slower parts for the acoustic riffs, but thats up to you, it's ok as it is anyway. The chord progression of the chorus was cool, and the drums worked quite well also. I would very much like to see a completed version some time, as from what i've heard so far, it's a good piece.

I would appreciate if you could crit something i have done http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527585

ps. i will attempt to write a riff where you have written 'help', if you would like

ch715dallat
02-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Thats a nuts solo from the darkest nights there, but fits in very well with the song. As for the original, i loved the verse part, it sounded very much like something you would hear on a Billy Talent song. Personally i would have liked to have seen slower parts for the acoustic riffs, but thats up to you, it's ok as it is anyway. The chord progression of the chorus was cool, and the drums worked quite well also. I would very much like to see a completed version some time, as from what i've heard so far, it's a good piece.

I would appreciate if you could crit something i have done http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527585

ps. i will attempt to write a riff where you have written 'help', if you would like

its alright man ive thown in 2 riffs i had written a while ago in there. they seem to do the job, just tryin to get this solo, also i want to put in a slower acoustic bit, i was going to add one in as an interlude before the breakdown but i couldnt write anythin that fitted, ill probably have a slower acoustic outro for it, but i need to get this solo done, but im having a mental block, arghhhhhhhh. lol hate when this hapens.

USCENDONE BENE
02-17-2007, 05:32 PM
i know how you feel, sometimes it helps to get some scales up on GP and mess around with them

TheDarkestNights
02-18-2007, 06:52 AM
Yeah no worries man, glad you liked some of it.

6_6_6_1_syn
03-07-2007, 07:56 PM
i didnt listen to the solo by darkest nights but the original was good. had some pretty cool riffs. my only real problem with it is the intro, im not too fond of the reapeat back into clean.