My attempt at a (begginings of) metal song (gp5)

PDA

View Full Version : My attempt at a (begginings of) metal song (gp5)

ewanmac
02-16-2007, 04:57 PM
this is my first one ive really worked on and im starting to get happy with it. its inspired by arch enemy, iron maiden, lamb of god and mendeed ( i think). its not finished at all i still have to add the solo, and im gonna have a machine-head - imperium sorta change thing goping on after the breakdown. really not happy with the prechorus riff and id like some crits on how to get the song riffs to gel better. thanks.

ch715dallat
02-16-2007, 05:16 PM
that main riff is really good and the synth strings kinda intro is very god keep those, and the later riffs that have alot of tremolo picking, but i suggest replacing those bends with something else they just sound out of place and tehy bring teh rest of the song down imo. the 'changey bit' is my favourite bit it sounds great and so do the riffs after that but try to keep some similarities between riffs so that they dont sound so out of place i.e those bend riffs but it was good overall and with a bit of work it could be very good. :cheers:

ClyWbr41
02-16-2007, 05:28 PM
this is my first one ive really worked on and im starting to get happy with it. its inspired by arch enemy, iron maiden, lamb of god and mendeed ( i think). its not finished at all i still have to add the solo, and im gonna have a machine-head - imperium sorta change thing goping on after the breakdown. really not happy with the prechorus riff and id like some crits on how to get the song riffs to gel better. thanks.
I thought it was pretty good.