Is it safe?

PDA

View Full Version : Is it safe?

USCENDONE BENE
02-18-2007, 12:34 PM
I don't want to offend anyone when i ask this, but, how safe is it to upload ones tabs, at the risk of someone copying them and calling them their own? This may sound like a silly question, but i think anyone would be pissed by someone else stealing their song, and using it to get famous or something

rage6945
02-18-2007, 12:49 PM
why would you post your own songs? i havnt heard them so i cant judge them, but in general i'm going to assume that people like to learn songs that are by famous bands, not UG members

cool#9
02-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Ok, first, rage, wtf this whole section is dedicated to your own songs. . .

Anyway, yea, i guess there is a risk of someone taking your song, or there wasn't until you gave them the smart idea. . . But for the most part people just want critique to make their song better, so if they decided to make a record or something it will please people more then if they just wrote it and recorded it.

USCENDONE BENE
02-18-2007, 12:59 PM
I mean in the 'tabs and chords' section where people post some compositions of their own

USCENDONE BENE
02-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Ok, first, rage, wtf this whole section is dedicated to your own songs. . .

Anyway, yea, i guess there is a risk of someone taking your song, or there wasn't until you gave them the smart idea. . . But for the most part people just want critique to make their song better, so if they decided to make a record or something it will please people more then if they just wrote it and recorded it.
lol i wasn't trying to give them the idea, but anyway i think you're right, thanks :)