[GP5] Metal(lica) style Solo C4C!!!

PDA

View Full Version : [GP5] Metal(lica) style Solo C4C!!!

USCENDONE BENE
02-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Here is a solo written very recently. I was kinda bored, going through the process of writing some crap solos, when i came up with the 1st three bars of this solo, encouraging me to write the rest. It's quite fast, and i think has a sort of Kirk Hammett feel to some parts. I would be interested to know what you think of it, and crit is very much appreciated!

And remember C4C :D

Other Formats in post below

Metalbush
02-18-2007, 01:42 PM
exellent!!! very nice!!

rokr_nathan
02-18-2007, 01:45 PM
It's very cool but after the one before last 22nd bend could do with a little work, thats all though, except for that it's damn cool

piratepirate
02-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Honestly, it sounds like Hammett-esque licks slowed down, and I think they really lose their punch when played so slowly. Up the tempo and I think it'd sound cooler. The licks just don't seem to stand out much in my opinion.
Keep working at it though.

Crit mine? Link in sig. Thanks

USCENDONE BENE
02-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Honestly, it sounds like Hammett-esque licks slowed down, and I think they really lose their punch when played so slowly. Up the tempo and I think it'd sound cooler. The licks just don't seem to stand out much in my opinion.
Keep working at it though.

Crit mine? Link in sig. Thanks
i increased the tempo by 22Bpm, and it sounded like crap lol, i think i'll have to redo some parts for it to sound good sped up.

ch715dallat
02-18-2007, 02:58 PM
it sounded good but not really hammettesque in my opinion. really liked the tapping, wasnt to sure about the start bit but after a few listens i really liked it

buckethead_jr
02-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Thanks for critting my piece :cheers:

Now for you're piece:
The start was cool, but in bar 2 i think you should move everything on the D and G string down one scale note, it would make it sound fuller and less repetative.
The lick from bars 5-7 was great.
The lick from bar 8-9, i think i've heard that one before, but it sounds great.
Bars 10-12 were excellent.
From 13 to the end: i know what you were going for, but instead of using dotted 32nd notes i'd make them 16th triplets and make the sustained note at the end of the bars longer.
And it really doesn't sound better sped up.

USCENDONE BENE
02-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Same solo, different formats, incase you don't have Guitar Pro 5 :)