The Fall of Atlantis [GP5, Midi]

PDA

View Full Version : The Fall of Atlantis [GP5, Midi]

Ryioku
02-19-2007, 01:31 AM
Haha... another yet unfinished peice.... for the record! I DO finish these songs after I post them, I just never post the finish product....

The beginning seems a little metalcore, but it's not metalcore, just keep that in mind. CLEAN VOCALS.... yeah haha...

Just want to know how you all thing it's developing...

Crit 4 crit :)

USCENDONE BENE
02-19-2007, 12:37 PM
Hey, if you can play it that fast it's fine, cos some parts seem like they shift up and down the neck quite quickly. Speed aside, the bass was good, always nice to see bass that does more than play the root notes! Part B-verse 1 was my least favourite part. I just didn't find it that catchy really. I would like to see it completed, so i can give a better review of it, because what i've heard so far, i quite enjoyed it ;) . 7/10

And if you could crit something of mine, i'd be very grateful :)

Metal Style Solo (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=528321)
Punk/Rock Full Song (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527585)
Either will do, or both if you're feeling generous :D

ouchies
02-19-2007, 08:52 PM
it sounds very protest the hero like. but besides that its really good. finish it ! keep the speed, it makes it more interesting.

Ryioku
02-19-2007, 08:59 PM
Yah... I can play it that fast, it's not that hard really.

haha I've gotten that my music sounds like Protest The Hero quite a few times... I don't even listen to them at all... its weird

Bumper
02-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Seems entirely too random for me. I understand that playing fast is cool and everything, but you need to do it with more melody. It seemed like the solos didn't even really fit into any scale that would be compatible with the key of the rest of the song. Just, try to think the solos out more, and make them a little more melodic and defined. Remember, playing fast, sweep picking, tapping, all that stuff is like an exclamation point at the end of a sentence, but you have to write the sentence first.

Crit mine? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=529310)

Ryioku
02-19-2007, 09:26 PM
Seems entirely too random for me. I understand that playing fast is cool and everything, but you need to do it with more melody. It seemed like the solos didn't even really fit into any scale that would be compatible with the key of the rest of the song. Just, try to think the solos out more, and make them a little more melodic and defined. Remember, playing fast, sweep picking, tapping, all that stuff is like an exclamation point at the end of a sentence, but you have to write the sentence first.

Crit mine? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=529310)

I am 100% entirely aware taht speed isnt everything. For one, they're not solos, they're a melody. Just a relatively fast melody. And if you're wondering why I play fast because, I just prefer faster music, and yes, fast riffs CAN have a melody. I don't tap often... it's all in Key, C D E F G# A B, not sure of the name, but those are the notes in the key. It's not random at all.. each riff starts with the octave of the note ending/starting the previous riff.

If you're wondering why it's faster than average melody... is because my band creates Concept Albums... hence the name, and the speed. The Fall of Atlantis... the song about the fall of atlantis, the first song on the album, a fast, powerful start to the story. It's meant to be that way. If you listen, you'll hear the melody and not judge it because its fast.

Thanks, I'll get to yours in a few. :peace:

Bumper
02-19-2007, 09:31 PM
I am 100% entirely aware taht speed isnt everything. For one, they're not solos, they're a melody. Just a relatively fast melody. And if you're wondering why I play fast because, I just prefer faster music, and yes, fast riffs CAN have a melody. I don't tap often... it's all in Key, C D E F G# A B, not sure of the name, but those are the notes in the key. It's not random at all.. each riff starts with the octave of the note ending/starting the previous riff.

If you're wondering why it's faster than average melody... is because my band creates Concept Albums... hence the name, and the speed. The Fall of Atlantis... the song about the fall of atlantis, the first song on the album, a fast, powerful start to the story. It's meant to be that way. If you listen, you'll hear the melody and not judge it because its fast.

Thanks, I'll get to yours in a few. :peace:

I'm not judging it because it's fast at all, I think you misunderstood me a bit. I'm a big fan of bands like Racer X, Rising Force, and the such. I love it. I even write a lot of songs that have really fast melodic playing. Search for "kaitlyns song" listen to that and I think you'll see that I'm not biased against fast stuff at all. I just think that this is a little bit random. especially the end part, feels really out of place to me. To each his own, some people like Anal ****, and most of us find it appalling. I think your song is great, just some of the notes don't seem to fit what my ears are listening for.

Ryioku
02-19-2007, 09:34 PM
Ah, I apologize then... I just often get people telling me "you know, speed isnt everything, just becasue you can sweep and tap doesnt mean you should do it all the time" etc etc... It's just a natural response to react that way by now haha

Again, my apologies, and thank you for listening :cheers:

EDIT: if you wanna hear one of my slower things... just listen to this...

Bumper
02-19-2007, 09:43 PM
^Water was nothing short of epic. I love that one. I like the composing style in that one. Too bad you don't live closer to me, I would be all about making a band with you.

Spark1284
02-21-2007, 08:42 PM
the drums were a little too intense for me, fantastic riffing and harmonizing, its all just really really good