Best Fender Amp...?

PDA

View Full Version : Best Fender Amp...?

costa
02-21-2007, 03:33 AM
Hey Guys,

So i'm looking into Fender amps at the moment and I was wondering if anyone had opinions on which one was the best. BUT I'm not looking to get a hugh marshall stack.

I'm interested by a couple of them such as the Supersonic, the Hot Rod Deville, The Deluxe Reverb... but i'm interested by other suggestions of fender amps. The main thing that I want is versatility as I play in a cover band at bars mostly. The music I'd use it for would be mostly Classic rock, Blues Rock, and Modern Rock (Think RHCP,George Thorogood, Neil Young, Lynard Skynard, Cream, SRV,...).

But you know a coulpe of these Mesa boogies are looking nice especially the new Express 5:50

Thanks for your help.

TMAW
02-21-2007, 03:53 AM
Roland Cube 90, Vox AC30 or Fender Twin Reverb

metal Lover
02-21-2007, 04:28 AM
I've only played the hot rod deville and the Deluxe reverb. both had god-like cleans but mediocre at best gain.

R_H_C_P
02-21-2007, 05:59 AM
Just try out a load of amps, and buy the one you like. Doesn't really seem like you've got a limited budget so shop around.

I'm also gonna suggest the Marshall 1962 Bluesbreaker combo, and the Deluxe Reverb (with an OD or booster)

costa
02-21-2007, 06:01 AM
Metal_lover :
Yeah I don' really care about the High gain setting so much anymore as I am mostly finished my System of a Down/AFI phase that I went through hahah. I'm mostly going for the cleans. However the supersonic seems to have a good high gain channel or as they call it the "burn" channel.

paintITblack39
02-21-2007, 08:06 AM
If you go eBay, you can get amazing amps out of the Bassmans, Bandmasters, and Tremoluxes. I think you'd get a better sound with a vintage Fender amp.

Dale_kerigan
02-21-2007, 10:08 AM
a bassman 4 x 10 will cover cleans and mild overdrive

PellucidPenguin
02-21-2007, 10:16 AM
I own a Fender Deluxe and I love it. The reverb sounds amazing and it has the truest classic tube amp sound. It is very versital too. With a few EQ twists you can change from glass melting blues and country to smooth creamy jazz. It also has the greates overdrive, very classic rockish. It really can do pretty much anything you want it to, and sound very genuine.

Hakanku
02-21-2007, 11:17 AM
Orange rockververb 30 combo?

But...if your strictly in to Fender amps, then search for a Bassman on ebay...they are supposed to be really really good, but the deluxe is meant to be great too.

False_God
02-21-2007, 12:54 PM
^Orange rockerverb WILL be my future amp!! Really really good!!

Try out the supersonic, meant to be really good/versitile!

slatsmania
02-21-2007, 01:15 PM
My Fender's the best, but Paul Rivera doesn't do amps for them, anymore... :p:

I like the Blues Deluxe better than the Hot Rod. If you're not looking for a lot of gain from the amp (and the Hot Rod's extra gain ain't so hot, anyway), the Blues Deluxe is virtually the same amp without all the extra tone-sucking circuitry.

The Deluxe Reverb is a beautiful amp, but it's only 22W. Something to consider if you plan on gigging with it. The Super Reverb's a 45W model with 4 10's. Maybe a better choice.

I haven't tried the Supersonic, but it actually looks like a direct decendant of the Rivera line. The controls on it are similar to mine, as well as the 60W into a single speaker. I may have to test drive one of those myself.

Supernova5
02-21-2007, 01:31 PM
I just bought a Twin Reverb with a fulltone OCD to overdrive it and it does just about everything you just mentioned. The cleans don't get any better than a fender twin.