Little song thing...[GP5]

PDA

View Full Version : Little song thing...[GP5]

8open
02-23-2007, 02:54 AM
well...this is my first song...ive been playing guitar for about 7 months...umm...just please crit it...i dont really have any musical experience so anything helps...

you might want to kill out the vocal track because it might get annoying(please tell me if it does)...

well...anything helps really...and im expecting mostly negative comments so...just tell me what you think...and what i can make better...

thanks...

Left_hander_nz
02-23-2007, 04:59 AM
dude that was AWESOME..i really liked it.

but i think you should...

1) change the basses midi patch from electric guitar (clean) to Electric bass Finger OR Electric Bass (pick)

2) maybe improve the bass a little bit..what you got now is great but maybe every once and a while make it follow the melody.

3) ADD SOME STRINGS THAT WOULD MAKE IT SOUND AWESOME :peace:

haha overall i loved it...good chord progression way betta than what i could of done after 7 months...9/10 :liplick:

can u crit my latest song...called 'a feel good song' i just added so it shouldn't be hard to find thx

8open
02-24-2007, 02:15 AM
hey man thanks...i changed the bass sound...it sounds alot better...i was just trying to get like a bass with distortion sound cause thats how i planned on it being played...it was the only way i could think of doing it...it sounds alot better with the bass patch though...

i'll try and get around to critting your soing when i have time...thanks

Kirby651
02-24-2007, 03:12 AM
With the right recording talent, backing and some good lyrics this would be radio-worthy.
The vocals remind me of hinder or nickel back.

Overall, something seemed missing though. I say you should try to improve the tracks you already have before adding anything like strings.

Overall: B

Please crit:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=532269

Left_hander_nz
02-25-2007, 04:18 AM
if u want a overdriven bass sound make the bass patch either Lead 1 (square) or Lead 2 (sawtooth) but to able to here them turn the bass up :peace:

Paradox321
02-25-2007, 06:32 PM
That sounded REALLY good. I enjoyed that a lot. I think you should change the staccato lead guitar parts (bars 9-12) to palm mutes and it might sound better. Yeah, like people said though, a strings section would make this song sound incredibly beautiful. I'd give it a B too. c4c,http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=533432 . Thanks dude.