[GP5, MIDI] Untitled Metal Crit4Crit

PDA

View Full Version : [GP5, MIDI] Untitled Metal Crit4Crit

Paradox321
02-25-2007, 06:17 PM
Alright, I started writing this song last night, and I finished this morning. Please tell me how I did, give me suggestions, etc. Thanks a lot, I'll c4c. :)

BC_Joshlz
02-26-2007, 01:36 AM
hey man thanks for giving me some crit on my song. Anyway, to ur song, im not really into the intro, but the transition into the verse was really cool. U need to put a bit of variation into the riffs. For example change the harmonics in some repeats, but try keep it in key. Pretty kool song anywayz.

guitarcrazy1991
02-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Well Kevin ;), i think you need to give it a better name. (when you sent it me in gp5 form on MSN it was just called new song) But other than that it's a pretty awesome song.

:peace:

Edit: Just saw you put it as 'Untitled' on the thread title. So i guess you can just ignore that bit of my post.

Edit #2: Even though you said you don't like drop tunings, i think you should experiment with some, you might find that you like this song even more with them.

Spark1284
02-27-2007, 01:09 AM
i liked it, especially the intr, altho it was very metallica-y. the solo felt short and didnt stand out too much. the intro solo was really good tho.

King ofKumbucha
02-28-2007, 04:55 AM
When I listen to this I can picture James Hetfield grinning proudly. I do feel that the leads were a bit so-so (I can't write lead anyway) but I liked ALL of the riffs. Very Metallica-ish (like Ride the Lightning era).

Just work on the leads and I think you have a great song.

Although it's great the way it is, I think it would sound more modern (and possibly better?) in drop D or even C. Try it out.
Crit mine?
Updated version is on post #8:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=532182