[GP5, MIDI] ii. Aspirations (rock), c4c

PDA

View Full Version : [GP5, MIDI] ii. Aspirations (rock), c4c

piratepirate
02-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Alright, this is the second movement of my epic

For those of you who missed the first part, you can find that here (http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527653)

Some changes. Firstly, what was going to be one epic with 5 movements may end up being about 3 or 4 larger pieces with a few different movements each. The first movement I redubbed "Anesthesia" and called it the first part of a piece called "The Operation." This next part directly follows that.

Now, in regards to this song:

The verse type II might get a little monotonous, I'm pretty much aware of that. It'll be vocal heavy anyway.

The solo ending abruptly and the song shutting out quickly afterwards is completely intentional.

For those of you curious as to the story behind all this stuff, I'll give a brief summary when i post part III. I still have to flesh a lot of it out.

All your critiques are welcome and appreciated :>

Crit for crit, of course.

Guitarjunkie18
02-26-2007, 08:29 PM
This is more general speaking than anything else... why do people use guitar pro and think people are going to be like...

"ZOMGZZZZ ThaT'z friz-ickiN Awesom3 !!!!1!!"

Why can't you just record the guitar and use guitar pro for everything else? It makes me think these people can't even play what they wrote.

that aside... I guess I liked what I heard. Your ideas are cool, and it has a nice flow into parts. I definitely like the idea of a four/five part movement.

***"Aspirations" is the name of a 'Between the Buried and Me' song. Just so you know.

-Sidewinder-
02-26-2007, 08:54 PM
Some people don't have the equipment to record

piratepirate
02-26-2007, 09:25 PM
This is more general speaking than anything else... why do people use guitar pro and think people are going to be like...

"ZOMGZZZZ ThaT'z friz-ickiN Awesom3 !!!!1!!"

Why can't you just record the guitar and use guitar pro for everything else? It makes me think these people can't even play what they wrote.

that aside... I guess I liked what I heard. Your ideas are cool, and it has a nice flow into parts. I definitely like the idea of a four/five part movement.

***"Aspirations" is the name of a 'Between the Buried and Me' song. Just so you know.

Hmmmm.... i dont know of anyone who assumes people will be impressed by a program that tries in vain to sound realistic, but hey... it's better than powertab.

And yeah, I can't afford recording equipment. Plus I don't play piano or drums, I just have enough common sense to be able to write for them. GuitarPro is a nice way to put a whole piece together.

I don't know why you chose to rant about that in my thread :confused: