[GP4, Prog Metal] Phase Shift

PDA

View Full Version : [GP4, Prog Metal] Phase Shift

Elthran
02-27-2007, 01:42 PM
This is a piece i wrote after a guitar lesson on addition and subtraction when writing riffs to create interesting rhythmic effects, and i was just looking for peoples opinions on it.
Im not happy with the solos, so i'll probably end up rewriting them in the future

thanks in advance

RPotts
02-27-2007, 02:02 PM
That was horribly boring, the riff was kinda cool, but a boring rhythm on all the tracks and it took forever to develop into something. Yea, the solo was also boring, it sounded like a bad shred video on youtube.

gallagher2006
02-27-2007, 02:45 PM
Sorry, but I didn't like it at all. It was extremely repetitive and you didn't take inot account the fact that you don't actually have to play this, and you can do whatever you want to it. Experiment a little bit away from the whole metal genre for a little while and come back with some fresh ideas I think.

leo_p8
02-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Terribly and painfully repetitive, man. Not my idea of a nice song. Both solos were boring, canned-solos, if you will. Just... I don't know what to tell you man.

Try to add as much variety to the riffs as you can, add plenty of fills, bridges, breaks and breakdowns in there... add something, hell, anything to this and please, oh, please, end the song in some sort of a resolution... by the time I got to the end my ears were begging for a resolution... and you cut the song off short!

Not a good song... sorry, bud.

King ofKumbucha
02-28-2007, 05:38 AM
Way too long.

Otherwise I agree with Leo.

Dayn
03-02-2007, 07:55 AM
I thought the shifts were pretty interesting to be honest... I just think it would be a hell of a lot better if you cut each shift down from 8 bars to 4 bars, it's a bit too repetitive otherwise. The first instance was okay... but the others are just way too repetitive. It progresses, but then it repeats itself, doesn't really go anywhere, just going places it's already been.

Not too progressive in my opinion. It has potential, but it quickly reaches it at the beginning and trips over, and retraces its steps.

GuitarDaemon
03-02-2007, 01:06 PM
somethings didnt sound in key. . . I could be wrong tho . its happened before. Otherwise I agree with Dayn

Docaroo
03-03-2007, 01:28 PM
that is just terrible.

Sorry, i don't mean to cause offence... but that is truly just atrocious. SOOO VERY BORING! Nothing is happening - the riff is boring, solo is boring, everything just horribly boring!

Sorry man, but just write that off completely - the idea of a song about "phase shifts" could be great - but the phase shifts should be key changes, time changes and feeling changes too - DEFINATELY NOT THAT!

IT's TERRIBLE!!!

Hypetreme
03-04-2007, 05:19 PM
That was absolutely boring. I think you have pushed random numbers form the keyboard when doing this. When I do tabs firstly I try make some riffs with the guitar and then putting them to GP.