PC Help Lesson?

PDA

View Full Version : PC Help Lesson?

sthall
03-15-2007, 06:23 PM
If the powers that be think the lesson would be useful, I would be willing to write a detailed article on keeping a PC healthy (e.g. free of spyware, viruses, etc...). Although not in anyway related to guitars and guitar playing (unless, of course, you consider a healthy PC = more time on UG), at least once every day or two I see someone asking for help because their PC has become bombarded with spyware and\or viruses. I'd be willing to make recommendations on what (free) software to use and give detailed instructions on how to use them most efficiently. It would take me a few days to put together, but would at least provide a singular point of reference for those that need it.

eisaac
03-15-2007, 06:35 PM
go for it,

whatever people may already know you may have that little extra tip

sthall
03-26-2007, 08:12 AM
With only one response, I'll assume there is not enough interest for an article of this nature.

Preid
03-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Meh id leave it, when i noob gets taken down by spyware and such its one less UG'er to worry about.

How many memebers does ug have anyway?

Cyberbob
03-26-2007, 02:06 PM
How many memebers does ug have anyway?

544,120, though I imagine there are several multi accounts.

I'd go for a PC health article, it's useful knowledge that everyone using a computer needs. Plus I think my laptop is slowly dying, it needs help!

KilMister1989
03-26-2007, 03:10 PM
believe me or not, but my computer stopped reacting for several moments as i opened this thread.... that was a sign :eek: maybe you should realy do it.can't be wrong anyway :)

Acoustix
03-27-2007, 09:20 AM
yea2 dude.. that will be a cool article =]

sthall
03-27-2007, 09:39 AM
Wow, say you won't write an article and then everyone comes out of the woodwork. I'll get to work on it.

IndieMetalhead
03-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Meh, aslong as its not just
install spybot
scan
fixed lawl

then It'll be ok. i guess you could go slightly into hijackthis! and other lesser knowns.

paintITblack39
03-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Make sure it doesn't have any tips on illegal activity, such as torrents or others.

sthall
03-28-2007, 11:26 AM
Meh, aslong as its not just
install spybot
scan
fixed lawl

then It'll be ok. i guess you could go slightly into hijackthis! and other lesser knowns.

I thought about hijackthis!, but really - if someone doesn't already know what it is, they aren't going to know what they are looking at anyway.

IndieMetalhead
03-30-2007, 07:48 AM
Inform them! it doesn't have to be in depth, maybe just glancing at the surface of what it does. besides, you could direct them to the HJT! forums, where people actually know what they're doing.