GCSE Music

PDA

View Full Version : GCSE Music

Jmagge
04-24-2007, 03:44 PM
Hello I am currently doing Gcse music, welsh board, my test is coming soon and I am in need of help, I am looking for someone who is doing Gcse music (doesn’t have to be welsh board) or has already done it, That may be able to help me.

Would you be able to discuss information and revision tips and any sites and information that may help me and I can help you with the things I know. Message me if you want help a struggling Music Student?

geeetarr
04-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Hey the CGP books for music have everything you need to know in them, just spend liek 10 minutes a day learn each bit shouldnt take too long. Also dont leave your coursework to the last minute like I did. Guitar Pro ftw for coursework.

Hope thats a help.

tiny0514
04-24-2007, 05:31 PM
hay i doin gcse music add me to msn nathanhusband@hotmail.co.uk

gkj777
04-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Im bout to start my course and im well and truely prepared, im practising instruments more and more and im getting all the resources under the sun as well as learning scales and practising writing marterial (Ignore the fact im taking drums as my major instrument and saxophone as my minor) :P

sTx
04-26-2007, 01:00 PM
I may take my music GCSE this Novemeber.

Add me on saad_talha@hotmail.com

Donkey Fly
05-05-2007, 08:18 AM
Im taking it in about 2 weeks. Just revise and get some history on classical music and dance music. Also Popular Song since 1960.

I'd say this exam is one of the exams i'm most confident in. Im getting a good grade too because i got 30/30 on both my Solo piece and ensemble.

RJayZ
05-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Can you give me an idea of what this course covers? Thinking about taking it next year, but I really have no idea...what I'll be expected to do.

sTx
05-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Can you give me an idea of what this course covers? Thinking about taking it next year, but I really have no idea...what I'll be expected to do.

Here's the syllabus:
http://rapidshare.com/files/29787860/Music_Syllabus__06.pdf.html

Element666
05-26-2007, 12:48 PM
im doin GCSE music but i dont know wat to do for my ensemble, obviously its a guitar piece i want and i dunno how simple it has to b and my music teacher at school is usless -.- plz help

tiny0514
05-26-2007, 09:44 PM
had my exam a week ago it was so easy

AdamDK
05-27-2007, 04:05 AM
Im taking it in about 2 weeks. Just revise and get some history on classical music and dance music. Also Popular Song since 1960.

I'd say this exam is one of the exams i'm most confident in. Im getting a good grade too because i got 30/30 on both my Solo piece and ensemble.

I'm taking GCSE music for year 10, and I was just wandering, your solo piece - can you play covers or does it have to be original?

Donkey Fly
05-27-2007, 07:33 AM
Can be anything you want. I was gonna do one of my own but when i told her she was like Oh...Ok... as if to say 'Yer...Don't!'.

So i ended up doing covers for both my Ensemble and Solo piece.

I play Trooper for my ensemble and Bark at the Moon for my Solo

Adam144
05-27-2007, 08:36 AM
I do GCSE music too, and our music teacher told us that for your Ensemble/Solo pieces you had to do a cover, because that way they can compare it to the original to see how accurate you played it.

Overall, I suck at it, because I totally suck at writing stuff. Lol.

bucketbot
05-27-2007, 11:18 AM
same, im in year 10 atm doing my exams next year, im doing canon rock solo piece and american idiot as ensamble(sp)... the other people forced me to do it, and im not happy *slouches and folds arms*

pentagram_man63
06-04-2007, 06:45 AM
Off topic: Don't just post your email adresses on forums like that... the spams will pick it up. PM them instead.

TJ1991
06-04-2007, 07:57 AM
I did Henrietta by the Fratellis for an ensemble.
All My Best Friends Are Metalsheads by Less Than Jake for a solo.

I play bass by the way...

A* all the way :D

hurlyz
06-05-2007, 12:12 AM
Off topic: Don't just post your email adresses on forums like that... the spams will pick it up. PM them instead.or write it in these formats, to make sure bots can't find them:

nickname @ email.com

OR EVEN

nickname (at) email.com

People will understand but stupid spam bots won't be able to use it :)

deluxe_man
06-06-2007, 02:02 PM
i have completed my GCSE music course. I found the CGP book really helpful when studying for my exam, considering my teacher barely taught us anything except maybe 4 lessons on theory. BBC bitesize is quite good for all the eras of classical music and how to recognise it ETC. For my coursework, i composed a bluegrass bit of music (supposed to be blues but turned country one my ass!) and a classical bit. For the performance, perform something interesting for a listener, i did sunshine of your love by cream and improvised a solo (i hope i got extra marks for this) which i did to show my creative "flare". thats my 2 cents anyways, hope i've helped...

Edit: by the way, when you do a group performance or solo one, get tabs for it. Also keep all your rough drafts of coursework, you're gonna need it mate...