chord progression using Major chords

PDA

View Full Version : chord progression using Major chords

TheRockHound
04-26-2007, 03:06 AM
I was wondering is some one can give me a simple ROCK solo witht he use of maj chords like the e and so on, Something simple that I can inpress my teacher May first?

merabharatmahan
04-26-2007, 03:15 AM
dude minor chords like em are so easy.....and dont always depend on majors.....minors are sometimes more suitable for rock songs....and easy song would be nothing else matter by metallica...

sadistic_monkey
04-26-2007, 03:19 AM
Various ACDC songs?

mike_lee
04-26-2007, 03:59 AM
A chord progression implies there will be some variation in the chords beyond major. The only cool major chord progression I can think of is the circle of fifth C Bb F Eb Ab etc. I was kept a friend tripping for an hour just playing Em and Am over and over.

Don't try tp impress your teacher, I once turned in an original string quartet composition when all we were asked to do was score 8 bars of any bach 4-part chorale to strings
. He looked at it went to the piano a few times and said this is a quasi fugue and it's boring give me my Bach by tomorrow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circle_of_fifths

TheRockHound
04-26-2007, 04:11 AM
Thank you for the tips and tot he op poster about ac/dc Yeah I'm learning that now it's hard but I'm sticking with it.