[POWERTAB] if doctor eckleburg could see us now...

PDA

View Full Version : [POWERTAB] if doctor eckleburg could see us now...

Grovermans
04-26-2007, 09:45 PM
it'd sound better with drums.

the link to the lyrics are in my sig.

gonzaw
04-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Great use of the piano, it added a nice harmony and melody to it, it was excellent.
It is a very good melodic piece, it was fantasious and melodic, and good.
The bass was very simple, you could change that, to add more variation and less repetitiveness.
The riff at bar 49 was very good.
The solo was excellent, and the harmony great too.
At 92 the piano part was joyful in a way and great too.
My only complaint would be the bass (and repetitiveness), but that doesnt change the song too much, which is great.
9.5/10

Crit Mine? (in sig)
I you have time, you could crit Orphium or Untitled...

Spark1284
04-26-2007, 10:27 PM
i loved ur use of staccato throughout the whole thing. i loved how the interlude was so dynamic and almost solo like and the istrumental break was genius. electro pinao adds a really interesting contrast. its all amazing, but i really dont like the verse, the progression is boring as hell and the pull offs dont seem to be adding as much as they could. if the vocals over it are just pure pwnage then go for it, but i think it would help the song to change it. so yeah killer

Grovermans
04-26-2007, 10:31 PM
you mean like. the intro-verse and outro-verse?
the vocals kind of overpower anything else there.
i don't know if that makes any difference. but yeah.

Nunwhxre 666
04-27-2007, 06:30 AM
Now, I usually crit various parts and point out the good and the not-so-bad parts, but everything in this song is AMAZING. Your use of piano/keys and how the guitar fits in so well with it. You have truely out-done yourself here, my friend. Amazing job. 10/10

Crit one of mine if you get the chance? Links in sig.

rkay
04-27-2007, 07:16 AM
i dont know why so many people like this, i got bored listening. it probably would be a lot more interesting with drums and vocals

i enjoyed the lyrics

sebastian_96
04-27-2007, 08:43 AM
8.5/10

very good
very well structured
nice use harmonizing
loved it

It did draw one quite a bit and the verses were different from one and other.

Crit mine?

Grovermans
04-27-2007, 08:51 AM
thanks everybodyyyyy.

Spark1284
04-28-2007, 03:37 PM
you mean like. the intro-verse and outro-verse?
the vocals kind of overpower anything else there.
i don't know if that makes any difference. but yeah.

yeah the intro verse... so i guess that makes it pretty much perfect then lol

rodrigomierh
04-29-2007, 04:25 PM
the intro sounds kind of disco-ish haha, but i think its a great piece, i really enjoyed the solos and the harmonization, also the piano gives a good vive to the song. i also liked the flow of the song, it kind of makes me think about different things as it goes along, although some parts are kind of repetitive. i', looking forward to hear this with vocals and drums. Awesome job 9/10

mind critting one of mines?(top one plz) the link is in my sig. thanks