PDA

View Full Version : A couple of norwegian folk songs with a twist

MikaelSpelmann
04-27-2007, 02:38 PM
http://download.yousendit.com/E15250DF19577AA8

Some comments would be nice, especially positive ones. :D

leo_p8
04-27-2007, 03:04 PM
...that does, yes, very much so, sound Norwegian. The twist you mentioned, though... I didn't find anywhere. Sorry man... but that's traditional sounding music played with distortion... it really didn't add or re-create the genre at all... it still sounds like folk/church in the middle ages music... not much else to say really.

I thought the drums were well excecuted... but nothing special about them either.

I'd actually love to hear a Mr. Mig/Extreme-like rendition of this style of music... I think THAT would really bring it into the 21st century... or, I hope it would.

Anyway man, start working these songs, don't let them stay so dramatically clung to their roots... add variety and, above all, much more musicality to them!

Best of luck.

MikaelSpelmann
04-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Well, my goal was not to 'bring them into the 21st century'. I didn't intend to do much more with them than making them a bit more metal. But, thanks for the comment. :) Always nice to hear other peoples opinions.

saddam
04-28-2007, 01:14 PM
The songs aren't bad, but they don't sound finished at all. Like leo said: add shit to them, make them better, expand them! They sound a little unoriginal to me, can't really explain why... .

grtz and thx for the crit

MikaelSpelmann
04-28-2007, 06:53 PM
Hmm. Well I'm not going to add more to them, since I think they sound finished, but thanks for the crit. I'm working on a self written song now by the way. :)