Little piano piece (GP5+MIDI+GP4)

PDA

View Full Version : Little piano piece (GP5+MIDI+GP4)

gonzaw
04-28-2007, 11:17 PM
HI, I did this little piano thing a while ago, and added some drums, but I don't know how to enhance it, also I think something is missing (probably the melody :p: ).
Anyway, I don't know a thing about piano (maybe something about theory...), so maybe one of you could guide me into making this a better piece.... :)

leo_p8
04-29-2007, 12:37 AM
That was very dull... quite nice, harmonically, but not innovative at all... not bad in any way, mind you... just... nothing new. I think you should go back and experiment with setting the low keys so they mark something other than the 1st or 3rd beat of ever bar... it just seems too boring and actually makes the song feel overloaded... experiment... and start breaking your bar into 8ths instead of 4ths. You should also check some of the lead harmonies (mostly octaves) that are practically impossible to play with one hand... specially when you have to play a whole chord with the other hand (5 fingers to a hand... no more than 1 octave reach for each hand).

I, personally, would have left this as a guitar piece with a strings (or other synth) backing. Add some more groove/melody/variety to the leads and play it as a sort of guitar instrumental.

Best of luck, man.

gallagher2006
04-29-2007, 04:10 AM
:haha I tryed playing that on the piano, and some of the chords you hold run over the lead/right hand :haha I think you should learn a little more about how the Piano works b4 attempting another piece :haha Drums were still pretty bad though :(

EDIT: Woops beaten to it lol