alternative kind of song..need help!

PDA

View Full Version : alternative kind of song..need help!

thecameronator
04-29-2007, 05:21 AM
ok, so i usually write most things between heavy metal and alternative metal. and this song is an alternative metal song, its not really heavy, but i quite like it.

starts of with a smooth kinda drum beat then the bass comes in, and then th guitar and then it starts to pick up a bit, but once it does pick up, i dont have any idea of what to put next!!

so what i really need is some suggestion on what to put after what ive got so far.

ive attached it in midi. (and gp5 if you really want to see it, no copying ;) not like u would anyway)

constuctive critisism would be nice too

:cheers:

JimmyJimi226
04-29-2007, 12:47 PM
it was pretty good, I like how the drums ,than the bass, than the guitar came in, loved the lead guitar. 7.5/10
Crit Mine? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576253

gonzaw
04-29-2007, 03:10 PM
The drums were very good. The bassline was pretty good too.
The clean guitar seemed kind of boring at first, maybe it seems like the kind of music you can leave in the background while chatting with other people, if thats the effect you want to give, then it would be great as when the disto comes it should make people jump their seats,hehe. Btw, the disto part is great, sounds very melodic.
Maybe you should a kickass riff in the end or it could cool down with a melodic bass and drums,......you choose.

Great though 8.5/10

rodrigomierh
04-29-2007, 04:00 PM
i like it, specially the part where the distorted guitar comes in, it really flows great. ill give it a 8/10

mind critting mine? the link is on my sig (top one).thanks

thecameronator
04-30-2007, 02:46 AM
The drums were very good. The bassline was pretty good too.
The clean guitar seemed kind of boring at first, maybe it seems like the kind of music you can leave in the background while chatting with other people, if thats the effect you want to give, then it would be great as when the disto comes it should make people jump their seats,hehe. Btw, the disto part is great, sounds very melodic.
Maybe you should a kickass riff in the end or it could cool down with a melodic bass and drums,......you choose.

Great though 8.5/10

i tried to make the clean bit one of those things that sounds nice and relaxing, if you get what i mean, kinda like something you'd leave in the background but yer, you get it.

ill post it back up once ive finished it

oh and thanks for the comments guys!

:cheers: