[C4C] Metal song: As Seasons Change [GP5][GP4][MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : [C4C] Metal song: As Seasons Change [GP5][GP4][MIDI]

tabs aint cats
04-29-2007, 06:29 AM
Ok here we go!
This is the best thing I've done so far and I like it alot!
I have a VERY slow process of writing songs (I do something on it then maybe wait a week until I continue) but I think the end result is great.
The name is something I came up with that i think really fits the song.

I dont want to base a song around one or two riffs I want lots of riffs that all sound cool and unique and add something to the song.
There are some riffs I like more than other though, the chorus riff is the one first written and might I say it's the worst in the song.
My influences has changed during the process of writing this song but Cradle of Filth and Amon Amarth influseces me alot these days so maybe you can call it a mix of melodic death metal and symphonic black metal (YES I know cradle isn't black metal but they certanly have a black metal influence)

So give it a listen and tell me what you think!! I'd be happy to crit yours if you like!

P.S
Be aware that the GP4 version might not be as correct as the GP5 and MIDI one

magvol
04-29-2007, 06:38 AM
cool, reminded me is a song by Ulver that i rly like :D

JimmyJimi226
04-29-2007, 06:40 AM
very cool song, love the riffs. 9/10
Crit Mine? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576253

_-Skeletor-_
04-29-2007, 06:44 AM
wow dont like this genre that much but great song...10/10

Tuneman
04-29-2007, 06:52 AM
There's not much to say.. It's great in every aspect :P

Oh, and if you will, you could check out my band and post a reply in this thread: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524771

thesimo
04-29-2007, 07:52 AM
honestly man, this is really excellent!

i'm totally jealous :)

edit: i think im actually gonna learn some of these riffs, great! :D

zakatak9389
04-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Dude, I didn't expect something this good, but this was pretty awesome. The only thing I could think of to improve on is the riff at around bar 182 I think, the transfer between the riffs is really rough, but that's probably just because of the drums. My favortie part of the song was probably riff 1b, it sounded amazing. Also, you may want to work in a solo somewhere, but that's just my opinion. It sounds great as it is though man. I really liked the key changes, and the interludes as well as your variance in chord progresions. Solid song man. 8.7/10
Crit mine (in sig)? Fall of an Empire is the newest one. :peace:

Burning_Angel
04-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Jesus christ man!

That was outstanding. I especially like all your acoustic sections. And the pre-chorus sounds soooooo good. I can definitely see the Amon Amarth influence, and a bit o the CoF.

I like it a lot. The whole thing just sounds great.

10/10

tabs aint cats
04-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Your comments really made my day! thx alot! I worked pretty hard and it seems like it payed of!

Tuneman! I remember critting one of your songs on here, I also remember it was good. Have you recorded it with your band? Your band is great btw! very high quality both musically and the production is solid as fuck even though your not signed! I hope I'll get a chance to be in a band like yours but it's pretty hard to find good musicians here on Åland.

thesimo keep in mind that some parts will sound wierd with just one guitar but thx for your comment :)

zakatak9389 I'll put a solo into my next song but with this I wanted a "wall of sound" on most of the parts and I felt that a solo wouldn't fit. And yeah (bar 182) that's pretty rough but the song was kinda slow (and booring I guess you could say) and I wanted to catch the listeners attention again. But I guess your right. I'll crit your song soon!

Thx a LOT for all comments keep it coming..

gutsman
04-29-2007, 03:56 PM
awesome stuff indeed. i love Amon Amarth myself and i could definately notice the influences (especially in the first riff :D)

are you thinking of recording this? would love to hear it wit some brutal death metal vocals

gonzaw
04-29-2007, 05:00 PM
This disapointed me a lot......................
I thought it was going to be Total Crap!!!
Indeed, it was awesome, I loooooved the birdy thing and the acoustics fade in and the simple bass stuff after the chorus, the riffs were great, but it was difficult for me to get into them at first...
Great song 9/10

whalepudding
04-30-2007, 03:13 AM
That was awesome man. It reminded me of Enslaved and Amon Amarth a lot, and also Opeth with the acoustic sections.

Was it meant to actually sound like changing seasons? Because the start sounded sorta winterish, and black metally, and then the part with the bird tweets, the violin and choir and the acoustic guitar sounded spring-ish, then the part with the harmonies might be summer and the part with the faster guitar could be autumn and so on.

I loved how everything fit together, and how the drums, guitars, acoustic guitar, and all the symphonic things sounded all together. Fucking great work.

tabs aint cats
05-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Was it meant to actually sound like changing seasons? Because the start sounded sorta winterish, and black metally, and then the part with the bird tweets, the violin and choir and the acoustic guitar sounded spring-ish, then the part with the harmonies might be summer and the part with the faster guitar could be autumn and so on.

Well yes and no! To be honest is wasn't the original thaught behind the song but after a while when listening to it I kinda had that feeling so it was something i kept in mind while structuring up the song.
The song (including lyrics) is about how the seasons change around us but how little that changes within us (hence the chorus).

I've recorded some parts of the song but the production quallity doesn't really do the song justice..

keep it coming guys.. "Crit 4 Crit" :D