Prog Metal Gp5

PDA

View Full Version : Prog Metal Gp5

JimmyJimi226
04-29-2007, 06:38 AM
Here is a instumental progressive metal song that I have been working on, any crit or advice would be greatly appreciated. Crit 4 Crit.

AdamDK
04-29-2007, 01:13 PM
I like this. There is a lot of heavy riffs in their which are awesome. And some of the lead work was great. Good song.

tabs aint cats
04-29-2007, 02:09 PM
It starts out great with a nice intro. After that comes my favoutive riff in the song at bar 16. What makes that riff so good i think is the snare drum and the keyboard that comes in at exactly the right time. Bar 20-28 sounds pretty random to me.

The acoustic part that comes after that is great and after that some pretty solid riffing takes over that flows very nicely into that great riff which kicks in again but like last time it's over before you know it and "the random riff" takes over. you know what I would have done? I would have copied bar 50-53 and pasted them over "the random riff" (54-57).

After the great acoustic riff comes a welcome tempo change though the lead guitar sonuds pretty... pretty... off? But dont worry, it gets better at bar 73. When that riff ends we get some solid riffing before "the great riff" + "the random riff" kicks in once more.

At bar 89 we get some kind of solo that is OK i guess. After that comes a good solid atmospheric riff followed by a good solid acoustic bart (with a nice tempo change)

When that part of the song ends at 131 comes pretty randomized riff!

The song leaves me with a good aftertaste becouse it ends with "the great riff".

Overall great song!!
And thx for critting mine.

EDIT: woops! it became more of a review than a crit but whatever :)

JimmyJimi226
04-29-2007, 03:01 PM
thanks for the crit guys, i am revising some of the parts that were pointed out to me and I am glad that you like what i have so far.

ch715dallat
04-29-2007, 03:34 PM
have you posted this before, im positive i heard this before on here?

gonzaw
04-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Great intro, loved how you used the strings...
Liked your change in time signature, and the acoustic parts too.
Excellent song, the thing that I didn't like that much would be repetitiveness, but it doesn't matter.
9/10

JimmyJimi226
04-29-2007, 04:04 PM
i posted a version of this before, but this is closer to what the finished version will be (although i am still making changes)

ch715dallat
04-29-2007, 05:04 PM
i posted a version of this before, but this is closer to what the finished version will be (although i am still making changes)

kl kl i just knew i recognised it :p:

xsanatariumx
04-29-2007, 06:54 PM
Really enjoyable listen, definately enjoyed the intro bit.
Only thing with me was the repetitiveness, as previously stated.
And those few random lines, but other than that it was very well put together and very nice to hear the creativity

thecameronator
04-30-2007, 02:40 AM
its a tad bit repetitive, as someone else said but other wise, i liked it!
loved the leads, the solo was pretty cool, and i thought the piano was pretty cool too.

8/10

grampastumpy
05-01-2007, 06:36 PM
I like the chord progression thing at bar 36 and the little organ thing at I think 91 or something. Nice arrangement too. Only thing was a couple dissonant notes here and there.