[GP5,GP4,MIDI] Solo

PDA

View Full Version : [GP5,GP4,MIDI] Solo

AdamDK
04-29-2007, 12:23 PM
This is kind of like a solo you'd generally just play after a few songs in a show (Say for example how Bumblefoot, Ron Thal and Robin Finck get solo's a the GnR' songs at different points). It's kind of quite a lot of licks I came up with while mucking about on my Strat copy, but they all fit in the same key, apart from stuff near the end which I've "borrowed" notes from different modes. So generally, some parts (like for example the tapping) may sound a bit random thrown in, but it's just generally a solo to play infront of people.

Crit4Crit.

Enjoy :cheers:

JimmyJimi226
04-29-2007, 12:43 PM
it was okay, parts of it sounded like random wanking but it was not awful, 6/10
Crit Mine? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576253

AdamDK
04-29-2007, 01:11 PM
Which parts btw? I'm guessing most probably the tapping and the tremolo picking bits?

zakatak9389
04-29-2007, 01:25 PM
^^ yeah man, the trem and tapping parts sounded pretty bland and boring. The pentatonic stuff was ok, but maybe try to do something more creative w/ some bends. Bends just go hand in hand w/ pentatonic solos in my opinion. Also maybe try to incorporate some notes from the natural minor scale or something when using the pentatonic scale, sometimes it sounds pretty cool. Also maybe try to do some legato stuff w/ open notes, kinda like the thunderstruck intro(AC/DC), but use the minor scale instead.
Crit mine(in sig)?