Help me get a job!

PDA

View Full Version : Help me get a job!

AriseArise
04-29-2007, 07:39 PM
Hey,I just got an application at Subway in my town,they are accepting applications,help me fill it out!

1)A customer complains that he was short changed by you receiving only 13 cents change from $2.00 instead of 31 cents. What would you do?

2)Which do you consider more important as far as a restaurant is concerned? -courteous,prompt service, or a quality product?

3)What do you consider to be the most important qualifications of a Subway Employee?

4)You are working alone and your shift is due to be at 6 P.M.. The individual who is scheduled to begin working at 6 P.m. does not show up. What do you do?

So like help me fill this out,i need a job bad

7DaySkeptic
04-29-2007, 07:41 PM
1) Call the police to deal with his thieving ass
2) Courteous, prompt service
3) Ability to be alive
4) Call the police again to deal with his lazy ass

Seriously mate, you need help filling THAT out?

AriseArise
04-29-2007, 07:45 PM
yea im a dummy ill put something stupid like jump the ****er or soemthing

that_1_dude24
04-29-2007, 07:50 PM
1) ?
2) Courteous, Prompt service
3) Being Kind.
4) Work till he gets there.

AriseArise
04-29-2007, 07:56 PM
that helps a lil bit thanks man,on number three im gonna put good charisma skills that sounds smart

7DaySkeptic
04-29-2007, 07:58 PM
For 1) you could put you'd give him the money. Depends if the company is more interested in money making than customers. Congrats for choosing Subway, they rule.

Hops44
04-29-2007, 08:00 PM
Customer is always right, you give him the rest of his change.

AriseArise
04-29-2007, 08:01 PM
yea i never go there much,but like they are beside movie gallery here,and i saw the sign and i need a job so i can buy me a new car

leftybassdude
04-29-2007, 08:07 PM
1) apologize and give him his change promptly 2) quality product because if the product is quality then the customer will be much more satisfied 3)Courteous, hard working, intelligent 4) talk to the manager and go from there or continue to work the rest of the night

leftyrockr
04-29-2007, 08:08 PM
1. Inform a manager, then resolve the situation before it escalades
2. Quality Product
3. Willingness to Serve
4. Inform a manager, then if its at all possible, cover the shift until a replacement can be found.

7DaySkeptic
04-29-2007, 08:09 PM
These left handed people know their stuff...

AriseArise
04-29-2007, 08:09 PM
dude you totally rock thats the best so far!

leftyrockr
04-29-2007, 08:11 PM
Thank you. I gave answers a lot like those in a job interview, and I got the job. I hope you get the job too. Best of luck to you.

AriseArise
04-29-2007, 08:11 PM
damn im a lefty and im not that smart,shit my mother hated me

dingmydong
04-29-2007, 08:29 PM
i don't think i'd bother a manager over 20 cents.. but then again i'm just using common sense and not experience so i'm probably wrong

AriseArise
04-29-2007, 08:32 PM
i wont if i do,ill just give him his money

MakinLattes
04-29-2007, 08:45 PM
1)Give them the rest of their change and tell your manager/supervisor about it. If it's anything outlandish (like five bucks), check the register to make sure you didn't make a mistake. The best thing to do, however, is to always count back the customers money outloud.

2)A combination of both is the right answer. You cannot sacrifice quality for promptness, and you cannot sacrifice courtesy for an awesome sandwich. No matter how good the food is, a person isn't going to come back if you are rude to them.

3)wtf, you want to work at Subway? Anyway, cleanliness, an awareness of your surrounding and the products, teamwork, and satisfying the customer.

4)First, you call the person. If they cannot be reached, call a supervisor/shift lead/manager. Stay as long as you can to cover a shift. You ARE WILLING TO WORK DOUBLES if it is necessary. dude, seriously, I do it all the time :sad: I have no life...

teenage riot
04-29-2007, 08:57 PM
1) Apologies but ask to see their recipet to make sure they aren't short changing you of they are... stomp 'em.

AriseArise
04-30-2007, 08:26 PM
yea well im working at subway cause im 16 and i live in hicktown usa and thats bout it!

Draken
04-30-2007, 08:28 PM
1) Get the Manager. Because he might be lying and the customer iss not always right.

2) Both

3) The ability to make sandwiches

4) There should be someone else there as well to work. If not call the manager or someone and tell them.

I-Watch-Anime
04-30-2007, 08:34 PM
1)A customer complains that he was short changed by you receiving only 13 cents change from $2.00 instead of 31 cents. What would you do?-Ask nicely to see his receipt and if you did make a mistake, give him the rest of his change

2)Which do you consider more important as far as a restaurant is concerned? -courteous,prompt service, or a quality product?-Both are needed for a good restaurant.

3)What do you consider to be the most important qualifications of a Subway Employee?-Cleanliness, efficientness, teamwork, and reliability.

4)You are working alone and your shift is due to be at 6 P.M.. The individual who is scheduled to begin working at 6 P.m. does not show up. What do you do?-Call the person who's shift is scheduled and inform the manager.

If they don't hire you, tell them I-Watch-Anime told you to do this, and then eat them.

Superpartydude5
04-30-2007, 08:39 PM
1)Ask to see the receipt of course, if he just purchased the product he should still have it, if he doesnt then go ahead and give it to him if it's a small amount like this, if it is a larger amount say you require a receipt.

2)Courteous, promt service, because you as an employee do not have as much control over the kind of product you deliver, that's decided by Subway inc. your job is to be kind courteous, and prompt.

3)Punctual, efficient, trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent... wait a second....

4)Continue to work while calling both the manager and the person who did not show up, if he continues not to show then somebody else, perhaps the manager himself, will take over.

These are the correct answers... I believe.

HelloPorkPieHat
04-30-2007, 08:43 PM
1)A customer complains that he was short changed by you receiving only 13 cents change from $2.00 instead of 31 cents. What would you do?

Tell him to go **** himself and ask for next in line. And if he asks for the manager, tell him you ARE the manager.

2)Which do you consider more important as far as a restaurant is concerned? -courteous,prompt service, or a quality product?

Couteous, prompt service. It doesen't matter if you're serving a sandwhich that has been sitting around for week and a half, hasn't been refrigerated, and has a dead cockroach in it, as long as you're nice!:)

3)What do you consider to be the most important qualifications of a Subway Employee?

Ability to use a firearm.

4)You are working alone and your shift is due to be at 6 P.M.. The individual who is scheduled to begin working at 6 P.m. does not show up. What do you do?

Leave.

These are the correct answers I believe.

goods2006
04-30-2007, 08:46 PM
1) If the manager is available and working, call the manager. If not, talk with the customer to try and find a solution. If the customer still insists, give them the 18 cents.

2) Balance. Your service must be prompt and courteous but the product must maintain quality. Faced with a dilema where only one option is possible, quality product must take priority, impacted by health issues.

3) Helpfulness, Intelligence, Cleanliness, Strong Work Ethics

4) Inform the manager and if at all possible work until next employee arives. If it is not possible to work longer than your shift, then inform the manager and ask them to come and fill the position.

chrisatgrace
04-30-2007, 08:49 PM
1: recalculate and give the correct amount of change.
2: both
3: neat sandwich making, attention to detail, willingness to work, and a cheerfull and friendly attitude.
4: contact the manager. if he cannot be reached continue working and collect overtime. do not pass go.

Patrick_Stump
04-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Wow...you are asking UG for help on how to answer question for a subway application?

Kinda sad man.

But to be nice, just answer with common sense. Just put yourself in the situation.

seamus90'
04-30-2007, 08:58 PM
just filled that app out a couple weeks ago, the whole subway chain uses the same one.
idk
for 2 put something like choosing anoy one of those qualities would be deductiong from the quality of the restoraunt and therefore i pick all of them.

thundrstruk891
04-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Hey,I just got an application at Subway in my town,they are accepting applications,help me fill it out!

apologize and make it right

trick question, you need all three to have a succesful restaraunt

hard work and dedication

cover the shift but confront him about it, as well as management

So like help me fill this out,i need a job bad

thats what employers want to see