Four Season Fantasy, Pt. 1: Spring (GP4, MIDI)

PDA

View Full Version : Four Season Fantasy, Pt. 1: Spring (GP4, MIDI)

LostPr0phet
04-29-2007, 08:45 PM
This is my first song put here, ill finish the rest of this long song, it still has:

(Soon to Come)
Pt. 2: Summer
Pt. 3: Fall
Pt. 4: Winter
Pt. 5: Oblivion
(Soon to Come)

Thanks for listening, and crit please, i will C4C.

Its supposed to mix together, as in each part has its own idea.

gonzaw
04-29-2007, 09:22 PM
Sounds nice, but it seems like some instruments overpower the other ones, like the guitar (some parts with the violin and the jazz guitar were almost completely unheard) .....
It has nice harmonies, I liked the verse and the jazz guitar...
It sounds kind of repetitive and boring at times, as some instruments don't let the other ones from being heard, but sounds good, maybe add variations from chorus and chorus or with the interludes...
7.5/10

Maybe you should make the songs shorter, but add all those songs you said earlier together and make one long and very interesting piece...

Crit mine? (in sig)

LostPr0phet
04-29-2007, 09:34 PM
Sounds nice, but it seems like some instruments overpower the other ones, like the guitar (some parts with the violin and the jazz guitar were almost completely unheard) .....
It has nice harmonies, I liked the verse and the jazz guitar...
It sounds kind of repetitive and boring at times, as some instruments don't let the other ones from being heard, but sounds good, maybe add variations from chorus and chorus or with the interludes...
7.5/10

Maybe you should make the songs shorter, but add all those songs you said earlier together and make one long and very interesting piece...

Crit mine? (in sig)

Its only 3 minutes long....

and thanks for the crit.

gonzaw
04-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Well, I meant that you could put all those songs you said into one, but if all of them are 3 min long, then it would be a looongy piece of 15 mins, so then you could shorten them up so it could make an 8 minute song, but anyway, its your call...

Thanks for the crit btw!

LostPr0phet
04-29-2007, 09:49 PM
yea we'll see, i mean octavarium is 24:00 minutes long and thats a masterpiece.

DarkSonata
04-29-2007, 10:19 PM
It was alright...it got way repetitive...especially the rhythm...2 other things...1. might want to change the name Vivaldi's Four Seasons isn't a famous piece or anything...2. you can't something Four whatever and have 5 parts...just makes no sense. other than that its decent

LostPr0phet
04-29-2007, 10:46 PM
i never even kenw about Vivaldi's four seasons...

and i can have 5 parts to a four something if i want, doesnt have to make sense, but thanks for the crit.

backtothe70s
05-01-2007, 11:26 AM
that was a nice little song you put up :) I liked it but there is always things to improve.

I agree with some other things already said by others but to add a new thing, I think you should look over the melody part at some places. I noticed it most during the interlude, were the melody tone diden't really fit together with the chord. It's ofcourse up to you to chose how you wan't it to sound and so but that's my opinion anyway.

Nice work and thx for your crit on my song :)

LostPr0phet
05-01-2007, 02:58 PM
that was a nice little song you put up :) I liked it but there is always things to improve.

I agree with some other things already said by others but to add a new thing, I think you should look over the melody part at some places. I noticed it most during the interlude, were the melody tone diden't really fit together with the chord. It's ofcourse up to you to chose how you wan't it to sound and so but that's my opinion anyway.

Nice work and thx for your crit on my song :)

Thanks for the crit, and no prob bro anytime, ill look it over.

gallagher2006
05-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Critting as I listen ;)

I enjoyed the wierd chords in the beginning, but I think they could have been mixed up a bit. After the strings came in, the song took a dodgy turn...like something was out of tune. I think it sounds better if you change "Violin" to "String Ensemble 1", as it gives it more of a natural feel and less of a midi feel. The second chorus I think was a highlight, especially with the choir in the background going with the chords, as it gave a wierd harmony effect. The chorus comes in again, but still doesn't get boring :haha.

Overall, I enjoyed the song for the most part, and it does give a sort of "Winter is over, it's sunnytime spring!" feel to it, but it could be a little more complex or longer and it could evolve into an epic with the rest of the parts.

C4C? In my sig, my GP songs. Just pick one if ya fancy it :haha

ExplorerFreak
05-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Changing the title is a must. I'm guessing you got the idea from Dream Theaters "The Four Seasons..." but THEY got it from Antonio Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons..." Taking influence from your influences is a very good thing, but everyone would take it the wrong way.

LostPr0phet
05-01-2007, 04:47 PM
yea i guess ur right, completly forgot bout that, i guess ill change the title =/ even though its Four Season Fantasy and not Four Seasons, but thanks for the crits