Opinions on song-GP5,GP4

PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on song-GP5,GP4

backtothe70s
04-30-2007, 07:07 AM
Hey, I want some opinions on my newstarted bands song.... I actually did my first solo in it and well... for first solo ever writen by me I did well I think but I need opinions overall on everything and the solo ofcourse.

feel free to give positive AND negative respons but tell why and what I can do to improve things....

X101
04-30-2007, 08:05 AM
I really like it, the solos fit in well with the song. When it's played with MIDI it sounds like it could be from a final fantasy game ;)

The only thing I'm not so keen on is the final run down at the very end, it seems a little harsh although maybe it would sound better with real instruments

backtothe70s
04-30-2007, 09:24 AM
hehe yeah I know, It's just there to end the song somehow. we don't know what to do yet :p:

gonzaw
04-30-2007, 02:34 PM
I liked the chords a lot, and the bass too (sounded weird at times...), the solo was good for a first try.
It was tad repetitive, specially the chords part before the chorus....
Good anyway (the end sounded weird and harsh too, maybe check that?)

LostPr0phet
04-30-2007, 03:19 PM
^---- I think he is nuts.

But on topic now, the solo was pretty much perfect for the song, loved it. I hope lyrics would be there or else it might be slightly boring, there was 1 measure where the notes form the bass sounded either off key or out of place (Measure 58)

Great Work, i liked it. 8.5/10

Crit mine? (It's in my sig), thanks.

-LP

STDG
04-30-2007, 04:31 PM
weigth a minute, this was your first solo? then i'm the worst guitar player ever. it was really good, but that and...it just doesn't fit, if you don't know what to do whit it, just let it fade out or build of by stoping instrument one by one, but this ending just doesn't fit whit the rest of the song

backtothe70s
05-01-2007, 11:33 AM
thanks for all answers! :)

ctb
05-01-2007, 01:15 PM
That was really great! It was just a bit quiet that's all and the ending didn't go with song at all. :D