Can someone help me finish this? (GP5)

PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me finish this? (GP5)

nexteyenate
04-30-2007, 01:24 PM
I am stuck, so I am basically giving away this very short acoustic piece for someone else to finish. Just post it here once you're done. I am interested in the different directions this could go in.

NOTE: for the people viewing the .txt file, it is meant to be played at 103 bpm.

Jonjy2
04-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Hmm, well I don't think I wanna add anything to it cuz im not that good @ writing acoustic bits. But I think you shuld slow it down some. The first part was hard to understand as it was a lil too fast. But I really liked the second part :D

blue_strat
04-30-2007, 01:34 PM
have you got it in PowerTab or ASCII format?

nexteyenate
04-30-2007, 01:38 PM
posted the .txt for it

nexteyenate
04-30-2007, 08:37 PM
is anyone even working on adding to this?

gonzaw
04-30-2007, 09:45 PM
Ehhh.......I added a little thingy, but let me tell you that I'm not very good at writting acoustic stuff, so I really worked hard on this one (hope it helps...)

b101
05-01-2007, 04:39 AM
Just recycle some of your original ideas - change them slightly. People don't want songs that change direction every other bar (unless they listen to Dream Theater) - listen to some Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly as well...sounds similar

nexteyenate
05-01-2007, 07:42 PM
just to let you guys know, I don't want you to make ideas up for me, but rather i want you to create an original song revolving around the ideas presented in those little acoustic pieces.

gonzaw
05-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Then you should change the thread title into something like "I want someone to make me a song (GP5)" or something... :haha
Anyway, I can't think of anything to do with it yet, maybe if I do then I would do something...
(Maybe you should create something like a contest or something, I don't know if anyone would be interested though)

nexteyenate
05-01-2007, 08:10 PM
how do i change the title? I went into Edit and it seemed like i could only change the title of that individual post.

hmm...maybe a contest would be nice. how about the first person to post a youtube video of themselves playing that little piece (of course, crediting me for the composition itself) gets rights to use it in a song of their own (but that wouldn't really work out so well, considering that's what i am asking them to do anyway).