Autumn Tears (gp4, gp5, midi)

PDA

View Full Version : Autumn Tears (gp4, gp5, midi)

zakatak9389
05-01-2007, 08:55 PM
I was just messin around with my acoustic yesterday and I came up with this cool new tuning. It's like a variation to open Cm or something. Anyways I came up with this short little classical-esque piece using the new tuning. For the cadenza, you're supposed to tap the notes on the b string with your right hand while you hammer the notes on the e string with your left (legato) so the notes stay harmonized. It's crit for crit also. :peace:

gonzaw
05-01-2007, 09:56 PM
The piano intro was nice, and the acoustic part was good too, but it became even more interesting at bar 17 and 35, those were great and amazing parts.
The tapping part was amazing too,.......but I didn't understand the previous one, it was too fast...( I still can't figure out how one can play that without getting all confused up in the head; which if you can, congrats!)

I liked it a lot, and the tuning was cool too. 8.5/10

Crit Mine? (in sig)

zakatak9389
05-02-2007, 10:54 AM
^^ Thanks man, and I'll get to crittin yours as soon as I can

STDG
05-02-2007, 02:17 PM
overall i thought it it was a pretty good song, but i just thought it didn't flow well when you gone from piano to guitar but the rest was good, 8/10

ShadowintheSun
05-04-2007, 12:10 PM
great music, it was very nice and soothing, until the cadenza, where it just goes mental,
love it
8.5/10

Csquared1001
05-04-2007, 09:37 PM
bars 19-21 have a more classicaly based(sorry bout spelling) resolution and makes it much easier to keep an intrest in your song. Too much repetition on a boring theme (ex: bars 9-18) can ruin a song because it causes your listener to lose intrest which basically makes your song suck. repetition on a interesting or catchy them is acceptable because it keeps the music interesting. since you don't have vocals, it's essential that you create polyphonic melodies that are both interesting and musically complex so that you can express yourself well. That is why the technique on the classical is very hard to learn yet very essential to learn. your piece needs more classical style chord progressions more like the end of your piece. Now for an acoustic piece this would be considered pretty good but after listening to classical guitar the bar of excellence has been raised for me. I would give it a 7/10 because it has some good ideas but still needs more structure.

PS Polyphonic music refers to music that has multiple melodies occuring on classical guitar it is normal to have 2-4 melodies going on in a piece(this occur around the same time)

zakatak9389
05-04-2007, 11:48 PM
^^ Thanks man, I'll take what you said into consideration to improve on it.

lonejedio5
05-05-2007, 12:38 PM
Haha, I dont know why you really want me to criticize your songs since I love all of them so much.. Haha, dude this was beautiful. Once again I gotta say I would deff. go buy an album with this music the very day it came out.
Another masterpiece.

zakatak9389
05-06-2007, 08:13 PM
^^ Thanks man, it means alot to me. :D I'm glad you like my songs. I'm working on another one right now and I'll have it finished in like a week or two. :peace:

Thefallofman
05-11-2007, 04:17 PM
First off, thanks for critting mine! This is a really beautiful piece of music. I love the piano in the intro, and the song made great use of 5/4 time. I was just lost in the music through the slow part, then it takes you by surprise and speeds up, it's an odd change, but it worked perfectly. The crazy part I didn't think fit the first time I listened, but I turned RSE on and loved it after listening again. Great job.

ch715dallat
05-11-2007, 07:51 PM
that was pretty sweet man,the riff in section 2 was the best tho that progression was great and it feels familiar but i cant put my finger on it, didnt like the first part of the cadenza but the second part with the tapping was pure genious ;)

quickbuck
06-10-2007, 06:13 PM
super gay!!!!
xD
just kidding
<3333333

bakshandloomis
06-12-2007, 02:25 AM
wow i like section 2 a lot. all of it was good though, i liked it. the tapping was pretty cool too.c4c? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=604402

VoRzCeNt
06-12-2007, 09:11 PM
I liked it. I've never really liked tapping on acoustics though, I don't know why (maybe cause on normal acoustics you can't get sound clearly)...

I can't wait until someone starts bragging up how they get acoustic tapping to sound so clearly. *rolls eyes*, maybe on an acoustic-electric.

NosferatuZodd09
03-26-2008, 03:05 PM
how do you play th efirst part of the cadenza anyway o.O

piquet
03-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Going on this .. I can finally learn how to play that lead parts of Polar Nights! THANK YOU!!

Now .. the only thing that really got my attention other than this were those open low E notes in the 1st section. It really added a new depth .. it made me think of a heartbeat. My only complaint was that they just seemed to be kind of thrown in there at random intervals. If I had a choice, I'd try to open some kind of dialoge with it on particular breaks, to add a new dimension.

buckethead_jr
03-26-2008, 04:24 PM
Well that was a rather epic bump o_O

zakatak9389
03-27-2008, 03:26 AM
^ ya I was like wtf? this is hella old! haha.

the way I play the cadenza is I just strum the 2 top strings simultaneously while pulling off from the notes simultaneously. It's kinda confusing but really not that hard.

Ziggums
03-27-2008, 09:22 AM
I like the piano intro and how it goes from slow to speeding up but I find the slow part a bit boring, probably because it's not really my kind of music but perhaps if you could maybe add a few things to break it up and make it more interesting?

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=822458