Opethish song (gp4/5/MIDI)

PDA

View Full Version : Opethish song (gp4/5/MIDI)

villathewolf
05-05-2007, 12:18 AM
This is an Opeth feeling kind of song, though it's still a work in progress, I thought I'd share with you what I have so far. This i the first tab I've posted in this section to don't be too rough :p:

SGxMastodonxSG
05-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Sounded good, cept it should be in 3/4. Change that, and all will be well.

villathewolf
05-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Here is the updated and maybe finished version, only GP5 and MIDI, no GP4. I don't know how to change it to what you said, plus I have almost no music theory, but I like it at what it's at :p:

SGxMastodonxSG
05-05-2007, 11:00 PM
Here is the updated and maybe finished version, only GP5 and MIDI, no GP4. I don't know how to change it to what you said, plus I have almost no music theory, but I like it at what it's at :p:

The feel of the song is 3/4. You have it tabbed out in 4/4, which works I guess, but in reality, it's in 3/4 (3 beats per bar, tap your leg or something, and you'll notice).

grampastumpy
05-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Like the intro. The part where the electric comes in kind of slowly sinks in, pretty good. The lead is pretty cool. The solo is good, except the ending kinda sounds weird with it all empty. Throw in something underneath for at least part of it. It gets a bit repetitive, but for your first, this is pretty awesome.

villathewolf
05-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Yea the solo does get repetitive, I realized that >.< I was gunna add like a piano solo or keyboard solo or sumthin, but I don't play either so I left it blank. I have the final (maybe) done. It adds 1 more solo and a synched solo to fill in that blank space. Thanks for the positive feedback :D