[GP5 and MIDI] New Song

PDA

View Full Version : [GP5 and MIDI] New Song

Avalanche1
05-05-2007, 04:34 PM
This is a new song I wrote relatively quickly but I think it is pretty good. Let me know what you guys think.

ShadowintheSun
05-05-2007, 05:32 PM
its good, but some i don't like the chorus rhythm, the solo is very basic, but at least it goes with the music. Its good but it definately could be made better.

5.5/10

lonejedio5
05-05-2007, 06:17 PM
its good, but some i don't like the chorus rhythm, the solo is very basic, but at least it goes with the music. Its good but it definately could be made better.

5.5/10

Ouch, kinda cruel eh?

I liked it, a very upbeat happy-ish song.
Pretty good overall, add the vocals and you got a pretty solid song.

Avalanche1
05-05-2007, 11:57 PM
Thanks guys. I wasn't really going for a crazy awesome guitar solo. Just something simple that fit good. It's more of a riff than a solo I guess. But thanks for the crits.

leo_p8
05-06-2007, 02:11 AM
I thought it sounded more rock-ish than it did punk... but then, that's me. I would really like to hear it with both guitars active at once... I like the effect you get when switching from side to side, but the leads seem empty without the rhythm and vice-versa(sp?).

I think a better name for your "solo" is "breakdown" or something allong that line... it's nice, but not so much a solo in it's convetional sense... although, in theory, a "solo" can be anything played outside the parameters of your "riff" or whatever... so... yeah.

Keap at it.

gonzaw
05-06-2007, 06:45 PM
I really liked the rythm guitar, but the lead riffs didn't sound that good to me.....
I liked the verse, but maybe you should make the rythm guitar put some rythm over there; thats what they are for, don't they?
The bridge stands out btw.
And, ehh.....the solos (both) seem like some kind of interlude or breakdown, not a solo,....and maybe you should add some more variation to the bass , its not very interesting...
Anyway, its a nice song....

Crit mine? (in sig)

Avalanche1
05-06-2007, 08:52 PM
I really liked the rythm guitar, but the lead riffs didn't sound that good to me.....
I liked the verse, but maybe you should make the rythm guitar put some rythm over there; thats what they are for, don't they?
The bridge stands out btw.
And, ehh.....the solos (both) seem like some kind of interlude or breakdown, not a solo,....and maybe you should add some more variation to the bass , its not very interesting...
Anyway, its a nice song....

Crit mine? (in sig)

Do you mean the bridge stands out as it is good or as it stands out because it doesn't fit? And yea I changed the solo to a breakdown kinda thing.

gonzaw
05-06-2007, 09:25 PM
^I think it stands out in a good way

Cyberbob
05-07-2007, 08:52 AM
I really liked the chorus in this song, prechorus could use some work though, just a bit too plain. The bridge and solo/breakdown were good and solid, but nothing too interesting. Bass solo was too tame for my tastes, as it was in general.
Overall however, it was a good song, and very well put together. It's no masterpiece, but it's very listenable and with a bit of tidying up and improvement of some sections, could become a rather good song.

Crit Mine? (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=581401)