Yet another Untitled Metal Song :) [PTB, MIDI] [c4c]

PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Untitled Metal Song :) [PTB, MIDI] [c4c]

DarkTom666
05-06-2007, 01:36 PM
EDIT: Scroll down to post #10!

buckethead_jr
05-06-2007, 01:42 PM
First riff (bars 1-8), Meh in my opinion. Nothing really special about it and it does get a bit repetative.
The repeated one on bar 9 however was excellent, very much like a Firewind riff. But on bar 12, instead of having those powerchords E,E,Q I'd change it to E,E,E to make it flolw better. And the ending of it (before you repeat) would sound really great if it were harmonised.
The next riff was alright. The start was a bit generic, but the ending of it was great.
It'd be cool to have a solo here before you go back into the intro riff, but you say it's not finished, i'd like to listen to the complete version.
Great riffs though.:cheers:

Crit mine? (bottom of sig)

DarkTom666
05-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Ugh, sorry, there it is xD! Edited first post...

buckethead_jr
05-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Edited mine :)

DarkTom666
05-06-2007, 02:08 PM
:) Cheers for the crit, there's nothing special about bars from 1-8 but it's just to put you into the song... Since I'm not really good at guitar terms, I don't really understand what you mean by putting E,E,E instead of the E,E,Q -_- Hmmm I'll check out what the harmonized thing would sound like and maybe put it in.. I'm hoping that I pull out a nice solo to put it right before the main riff restarts, and then I'd put another Main solo somewhere else :)

buckethead_jr
05-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Since I'm not really good at guitar terms, I don't really understand what you mean by putting E,E,E instead of the E,E,Q
Hmm...how to explain it...
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q201/buckethead_jr/tabthing.jpg
See at the end of that line where i made a slight change? It sounds a lot better that way.

DarkTom666
05-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Oh, ok yea I see... hmmm.. Sounds good to you? Because I don't think it flows really well that way >.> might just be me....

gonzaw
05-06-2007, 06:35 PM
The first riff sounded okay, but the riff I liked the most was the one in 5-8 bars,.......and the next one sounded weird to me (maybe because of the bad timing you did over there, because I have GP and it fixes the measures...), nevermind, I listened to the midi one and sounded good. The next riff was good too, but didn't impress me that much. And the ending was great......
As said before, add a solo, and some bass or drums..
7.5/10

Crit mine? (the last one in my sig if you can, thanks)

DarkTom666
05-06-2007, 07:38 PM
Hehe, thanks for the crit! :) I'm happy that you dig the riff from measure 5-8! The riff coming right after is timed good... Anyways, I'm working on a solo, finish it, and then I'll try putting it on Gp5 to add bass + drums ;)

DarkTom666
05-13-2007, 06:32 PM
So here it is! New version w/ solo!!!

Its not finished yet ;) Don't be too harsh on the solo :( I tried my best! And btw, no I can't play that yet xD! Yeayea.. I made a solo I cant play :( C4C as always! Enjoy!

Nunwhxre 666
05-14-2007, 06:23 AM
It started out decent with some alright riffs, but then it just got really repetitive. I think this could turn out to be a decent song, but you just need to add variation. Make use of the two guitars, do some harmonizing or something. And about the solo, that could use alot of work. It didn't really seem to fit. It was just fast and random, no feeling.

All in all: It's alright, but could use some work. 5.5/10

Crit mine? Links are in my sig.