guitar pro 5 question : changing tempo in the middle of a song

PDA

View Full Version : guitar pro 5 question : changing tempo in the middle of a song

Adarsh
05-07-2007, 11:13 AM
How do you change the temp in a song?
I'm tabbing one of our band's originals, and the pace changes for the chorus. how do you change the tempo of the song and make it return to it's old tempo within the song?

TJ1991
05-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Click the bar you want to change the tempo at, then press F10 and click tempo. Same again to return it to the original tempo.

Birdy266
05-07-2007, 11:18 AM
F10 > Tempo > Change To What you Want

rock_and_blues
05-07-2007, 11:18 AM
there should be an icon on the bottom that looks like a fader, that lets you change the parameters (the tempo, chorus, reverb, intsrument, etc)

a7xsoad
05-07-2007, 11:23 AM
Click on the first note in the chorus, on any track. (By the way, I'm assuming this is an immediate change because you can of course change tempo immediatly or change it slowly (ritarando whatever they call it), like you might at the end of a song. Now down at the bottom of the page where all the tabs are (It's the bottom on mine anyway). PRESS F10, which will bring up the mix table, which can alse be found as a small green and red tab, hopefully at the bottom like on my version. It lies next to the 'Text' Tab and the Chord Finder thingymajig. Now you can change, instruments, tempos, volume, pan, chorus etc. as youll see. Tick tempo to bring up the tempo change option. Now set to the tempo you want (just type it in) and then if you want an immediate change then leave the beat setting on 'immediately', but if you want it to change slowly (e.g over 1 bar of 4 beats), then just plug 4 beats in. It might be an idea to use an accelerando on the last bar BEFORE the chorus, to build up the tempo. Ahh someones just replied for you quick lol :) No worries.

Donkey Fly
05-07-2007, 11:25 AM
Just click the Mixer button and then select tempo and choose what you want it to be changed to.

Adarsh
05-07-2007, 11:27 AM
thanks guys, worked

Whaleinator
04-03-2014, 05:13 AM
Hey guys.
I read what you had to say which was helpful and i was just wondering of you could help me with something similiar.
I do what you guys say and press F10 which on gp6 brings up the automation editor however it is faded and wont let me click on the tempo to edit it.
What am i doing wrong??? :shrug: