Academy guitars???!!!

PDA

View Full Version : Academy guitars???!!!

mike_rhd
05-08-2007, 04:58 PM
hello! My friend has a nice guitar which has a nice bluesly sound with stock pickups. and a beautifull flamed maple.. The problem is the guitar brand.. On the headstock it's writen "Academy "... Does anyone know Academy guitars? I've seen only 2 of them: my friend's and one in my local music shop.And I can't find anything about them in the web.. If anyone knows anything please inform me...

Thanks in advance

spoonylove90
05-08-2007, 05:14 PM
google?

Nirvana-Man
05-08-2007, 05:15 PM
hmmm... never even heard of that

mike_rhd
05-09-2007, 03:06 AM
It's really strange.I've already search google and I found NOTHING!! I'm gonna blow up if I don't find something.. But thanks anyway.

Virtuoso883
05-09-2007, 03:37 AM
google?
Are you stupid? He already said he looked everywhere. Always with the same retarded word.
Maybe its made locally by someone who regards it as a hobby then calls them Academy :S.
Could you ask the shop keeper?

mike_rhd
05-09-2007, 03:49 AM
mm... That seems to be a logical explanation.. I'll ask him. And I'll post pics of my friend's guitar as soon as possible to hear your opinion.. Thanks Virtuoso883

mike_rhd
05-09-2007, 04:58 AM
So.... pics available..

mike_rhd
05-09-2007, 05:14 AM
see the guitar pics in my site and tell me what you think.

http://pic3.piczo.com/mikedomain/?g=20773715&cr=3

Broken-pick
05-09-2007, 06:37 AM
That's your definition of a beautiful guitar???

mike_rhd
05-09-2007, 06:41 AM
someone around here misunderstood..I said it's a nice guitar with a nice sound and I'm looking for info.... And thats' only your opinion.

Thanks for checking it out anyway...

Hakanku
05-09-2007, 07:58 AM
I thought Academy was an entry-level kinda guitar, maybe I was wrong?

mike_rhd
05-09-2007, 09:41 AM
Well, that's what I think too cause my friend got it in low price that I don't remember exactly....But this guitar has a nice sound. Does anyone know where are they made and if they are any good?

mike_rhd
05-09-2007, 12:05 PM
Anyone?

Gurgle!Argh!
05-09-2007, 12:08 PM
it plays nice and sounds nice. ergo it is a nice guitar. you dont need a website to tell you that.

mike_rhd
05-09-2007, 12:11 PM
Yeap.
What else do you know about these guitars??

USAPeavey
05-09-2007, 12:14 PM
Well I like it. The looks anyway....Reminds me of a PRS but more unique. Unique is good.

J.MitMetallica
05-09-2007, 12:20 PM
I dunno about anyone else, but those pickups look like Seymour Duncans, or those weird stock PRS ones, but I doubt it's those. If they are SDs, that probably explains why they sound better than you'd expect from a low price bracket guitar...

mike_rhd
05-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the info guys!! .It was really helpful..If you know or can find anything else I'd be grateful to hear it.

woodenbandman
05-09-2007, 02:12 PM
REminds me of a Hellraiser/tempest hybrid. Awesome looks, so buy one if you like it.

mike_rhd
05-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Have you ever heard this guitar brand again?

mike_rhd
05-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Any more info??? :rolleyes:

blooknight
10-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Hi Mike,
Saw you inquiry regarding Academy guitars....first off they are made in Taiwan and some earlier ones were made in China. I saw them in an end of line store and took one out of the box to check it out. To be honest it was pretty amazing. I own 4 Les Pauls and 2 Strats and although the Academy is not where near their precision and quality I would still say they are amazing guitars. I played it through a little practice amp at the store and decided that for $120 it was worth the risk. I took it home and plugged it into a Marshall stack and spent the next 2 hours making it rock. It has a real rosewood fret board and maple neck and the frets bars were all smooth and felt great. The body is the same as Gibson's Les Paul's and the finish is excellent. I bought a sunburst Les Paul style and it had 2 humbucks and 3 single coils on it. I was cranking nearly every sound I could do on my real Les Paul from this copy. The knobs and switches are all pro quality and the whole thing gave the impression that I had made a good choice. So I scooted back and bought the white one and the gold one and now I play them as much as my real Les Pauls. They polish up great and when they are hanging beside the real thing you can't tell them apart until you look at the name and yes they use mother of pearl fret markers......looks 10/10,,,,,sound......8/10........feel......10/10.......for $120 you really can't go wrong.

alternitivebass
10-13-2008, 01:00 PM
Hi Mike,
Saw you inquiry regarding Academy guitars....first off they are made in Taiwan and some earlier ones were made in China. I saw them in an end of line store and took one out of the box to check it out. To be honest it was pretty amazing. I own 4 Les Pauls and 2 Strats and although the Academy is not where near their precision and quality I would still say they are amazing guitars. I played it through a little practice amp at the store and decided that for $120 it was worth the risk. I took it home and plugged it into a Marshall stack and spent the next 2 hours making it rock. It has a real rosewood fret board and maple neck and the frets bars were all smooth and felt great. The body is the same as Gibson's Les Paul's and the finish is excellent. I bought a sunburst Les Paul style and it had 2 humbucks and 3 single coils on it. I was cranking nearly every sound I could do on my real Les Paul from this copy. The knobs and switches are all pro quality and the whole thing gave the impression that I had made a good choice. So I scooted back and bought the white one and the gold one and now I play them as much as my real Les Pauls. They polish up great and when they are hanging beside the real thing you can't tell them apart until you look at the name and yes they use mother of pearl fret markers......looks 10/10,,,,,sound......8/10........feel......10/10.......for $120 you really can't go wrong.
are you retarded this thread i like a year old and you sound like one of those people who claim they own so many guitars but thier cheapest is the best crap you find on musicians friends reviews and you obviously dont know about guitars because how are you going to fit 2 humbukers and 3 singlecoils on a guitar what kind of a pickup combo is that

Rimal
02-21-2009, 07:52 PM
I have the academy guitar that you are talking about, i've had it for about 3 - 4 yrs now and its working fine, i got it at a really low price about 50 bucks ( brand new). I got it from this store XXcargo.

SGlover69
02-21-2009, 07:56 PM
Hi Mike,

LOL WUT

oneblackened
02-21-2009, 08:08 PM
I have the academy guitar that you are talking about, i've had it for about 3 - 4 yrs now and its working fine, i got it at a really low price about 50 bucks ( brand new). I got it from this store XXcargo.
why the hell did you bump this?

*reported*