Symphonic Black Metal! [GP5/MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : Symphonic Black Metal! [GP5/MIDI]

insideac
05-09-2007, 02:38 AM
So heres a brand new song that we have just finished, its called "Beneath the Silence, Thy Legion Dwells", and is a reference to the part in the bible where the dude is possessed by 2,000 demons. I was making a guitar pro version of it just so we can compose the orchestra for it before actually recording, to see what itd sound like. I had no time, so I just did the choir and the church organ for now, and its not that complex, but the finished version will use a full orchestra Im pretty sure. Also, Id like to mention that I suck at drumming and programming drums, so the drums might sound retarded in here. I tried to do what my drummer does but I messed up the intro.

Enjoy! And Crit for Crit

EDIT: Also, its not done. I only got halfway done im afraid :(. And yes those sweeps will be done on guitar, and hopefully a piano.

ctb
05-09-2007, 11:58 AM
Sounds very fast lol. I like it, considering I'm listening to it through the MIDI. 8/10

buckethead_jr
05-09-2007, 12:25 PM
That was great.

I liked the intro riff, but for something like that to work, you're going to need a lot better drums for that (no offence). But i liked the idea.

Riffs in bars 9-12 were excellent, great use of organs and synths there.

13-21, i don't know if it was GP (it probably was) but it sounded quite untidy. Kind of like both guitars are tremolo picking at different speeds, but not in the good way.

Loved the sweep picking part. But instead of just repeating the B major 13th arpeggio (that was it wasn't it? well, the one in bar 32 anyway.) i would have liked to have seen some sweep tapping, kind of like Stabwound by Necrophagist. But it's fine as it is.

Great riffs and arpeggios, can't wait to hear the finished version.

Crit mine? (bottom of sig) :cheers:

insideac
05-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Thanks a lot, yeah the midi makes the tremolo sound like shit, it sounds better with real guitars, and yes, this isn't how my drummer plays the song haha, I basically made up my own, its not permanent. Thanks for the crit guys! I like crit like that, nice and descriptive

zakatak9389
05-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Hey man when I opened it, there was no file in there. Is there something wrong w/ the attachment?

insideac
05-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Nope it works fine for me...and the people above had no problem. Make sure you extract before you open the files

*'-'*
05-11-2007, 01:57 AM
As alway Alonso your stuff is amazing. The intro had me thinking wtf but then it got into the symphonic black with tech death influences we all love you for. Nothing to really criticise thus far, can't wait for the finished and recorded versions

insideac
05-12-2007, 12:11 AM
Thanks alot, we are now working on lyrics for it, so expect the real thing around mid-June! I also have to finish writing the orchestra parts for the song haha, its hard work :(

EDIT: And yeah, the intro really fits, but the drum beat I added doesnt. Haha sorry

ouchies
05-12-2007, 01:54 AM
It was pretty good the riffs were pretty boring though. just tremelo picking the crap out of a few notes really.

i enjoyed that sweeping part a lot, uhm not much else to say.

maybe the drums were a little iffy.

anyway crit mine? : http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=584417

insideac
05-13-2007, 08:39 PM
Yeah its all pretty much centered around the G note, just in different octaves, patterns, etc.