Cream Cheesy Chives[Powertab]

PDA

View Full Version : Cream Cheesy Chives[Powertab]

DarkSonata
05-10-2007, 02:41 AM
Heres my latest...not too much to say about it. some kind of prog-like metal...who knows. Anyways tell me what you think about it P-tab is forst file, MIDI second. tempo changes suck in ptab so you might wanna take a listen to the MIDI also. Ill do a crit 4 crit.

ctb
05-10-2007, 06:41 AM
Listening to it at the moment, I like it alot as it progresses on, so far my favourite bit is starting at Bar 99, I like those riffs alot. 9/10 :)

cool#9
05-10-2007, 05:04 PM
Oh boy, a new one from my DarkSonata, lets crit shall we?
First movement, nothing really special. Typical your work. I like the echo effect in measure 10. I like the simple idea in and around measure 33.
Nice latin feel at movement 2. The little soli's you're doing in measure 65 and on get repetitive. At 79 it sounds like you ran out of ideas with what to do and just made one of your earlier ideas more complex. I like measure 99 the idea. Solo at 110 isn't anything great. LOL, at m115 i picked up my guitar and decided to play along, and without looking at the note lengths i played the same rhythem as was written, it amused me. I like the solo done after that. I like the octave above idea on measure 142.
Alright, overall. . . Meh, you've done much better bud. It seemed like you just felt like writting something and typical simple DarkSonata ideas came out, nothing special like steel rain or frozen oblivion. And i didn't understand the name creamcheesechives. All your other songs i've understood the name after listening, i'm confused on this one. Not a bad song in the least, but you can do better.

DarkSonata
05-10-2007, 08:31 PM
haha i was eating cream cheese and chive crakers when i finished it so i was decided to call it that...all random really

cool#9
05-11-2007, 04:41 PM
Lol, oh well. A name's a name.

ch715dallat
05-11-2007, 08:25 PM
the riff around 2 30 is great ;), the lead after that is very enjoyable very melodic stuff and catchy :) great stuff overall listened to the whole thing with little skipping you really should change the name tho lol, it really doesnt fit, unless your singing that throughout it lol ;)

:cheers:

MadMudgeN
05-12-2007, 02:02 PM
I'm usually a big fan of your stuff, but this one didn't really do it for me. The first movement is nothing special; if I was you, I'd just change some of the stuff the arpeggiating guitar does, cuz it's basically the same throughout that entire section. The second one is kind of interesting. It seems like there's too many power chords with octave harmonization over it in this song for me... I like bars 99 and 115 and the outro for sure. Really like the second solo, not so much the first or third, since they use alot of dotted quarters to quarters and it gets a lil uninteresting.

All in all, decent work, but I basically agree with what cool said, you can do better :D.

Crit Mine?http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=581766