Song I'm working on

PDA

View Full Version : Song I'm working on

VengeancePuppy
05-11-2007, 01:19 PM
I've been working on a song for a while and this is just an extract but tell me what you think :)

GP4 now too

rodrigomierh
05-11-2007, 03:35 PM
post a midi or gp4 file, and i'll crit it

VengeancePuppy
05-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Posted :)

chris_122
05-11-2007, 06:35 PM
It seems to be a good start, but it was way too repetitive for me. The lead was okay, but it just didn't seem to keep me interested. Keep working on it though.

VengeancePuppy
05-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Thanks! :) This is just one small part and not the complete instrumentation either. I'll post the whole thing when I have it

rodrigomierh
05-11-2007, 07:22 PM
its a good start, but i think that whole thing will only work for the intro of the song, you'll need to come up with more riffs to make it a good song, because the way it is right now sound too repetitive. i really liked how it flowed(as an intro), when the lead started it sounded really cool but after repeating several times it just killed it IMO. anyway its a nice start i think. keep working on it.

PS. ah sorry didn't read that it was only an extract, you should post the whole thing.

mind critting my newest song? its on my sig. thanks.

ch715dallat
05-11-2007, 08:08 PM
i dont know how people find it repetitive? :confused: but then again everyone on this site seems to say 'too repetitive' about every song posted so id ignore it man ;)

anyhoo the lead was good very interesting and the chord progression sounded good, but then after this bits over you should launch into a completely different riff to attack the listener with a big start into the main part of the song and you could probably use that progression again later in the song, just make sure you have plentyt of riffs to keep it interesting dont rely on the same riff too much ;)

good stuff overall :cheers:

VengeancePuppy
05-12-2007, 03:10 AM
but then after this bits over

That's done already;) this is almost the end of the song.