Watch It All Burn (metal)

PDA

View Full Version : Watch It All Burn (metal)

arcains_valor
05-11-2007, 07:26 PM
Finally I finished one of my metal songs. So, one thing you guys should know, is I'm not a singer, and I've never written lyrics before, and yet I tried on this one, so they aren't that great. Also, the solo kind of sucks. I was going for an arabianish feel to it, kind of like one of Silent Civilian's songs (I think Funeral, but I'm not sure), but I totally failed at the solo. Also, for the screaming, I put the lyrics on the seashore thing, which was supposed to symbolize the screamers voice, because it's the closest thing to it on guitar pro, but it sounds like crap, so you may want to mute that.

I also can't seem to figure out how to get the links for the gp5, gp4, and midi all in only one link, so if anyone wants to help me on that that'd be tight.

For some reason, I can't get the midi file on this one, it keeps saying invalid file when I try to upload it, so I only got gp5 and 4 for this song.

ThisFireBurns22
05-11-2007, 07:36 PM
I digged that a lot. You have a version of you actually playing it? I could hear some bands playing that I listen to play something similar to that. Nice job.

Oh, don't be so hard on yourself, the solo wasnt too bad. Add another guitar and a harmony or something and it would be kinda cool actually.

ch715dallat
05-11-2007, 07:58 PM
hey that was pretty cool, i wasnt a big fan ov the slides chords in teh chorus but the rest was fine, i really liked the pregression in teh verses though. just souded good with a cool rhythm. the solo wasnt failed as you put it, it just needs some slower parts instead of just 8ths and 16s beside each other, mix them up for some accents on the notes and a few bends and itll be a lot more interesting. The breakdown thing was a cool rhythm too pretty cool overall but could maybe do with a lengthened solo or even just a more interesting solo and a few riff alterations to make it hold the listeners attention,

although this song is probably meant to be heavy as **** with some dude screaming his ass of so its probably better with vocals but thumbs up anyways ;)

gonzaw
05-11-2007, 08:09 PM
I realy liked the intro, it sounded very good.
The verse riff was great too, maybe you could add some more variation to the bass in it (the verse)....
The pre-chorus was good too.
The solo had some arabian feel, and I don't see it as a failure at all, you only need to polish it a little, you know, maybe use the rythm guitar for the harmony, and use the bass for the rythm,....or something else.
Everything was pretty nice, 7.5/10

Mind critting one of my songs? (in sig)

ExplorerFreak
05-12-2007, 03:12 PM
Actually, I liked the solo.

VengeancePuppy
05-13-2007, 04:24 AM
I must say I'm not a fan of slow heavy songs but I really enjoyed that!

arcains_valor
09-11-2007, 08:29 PM
I changed the solo a bit, so it's better, but still not great. Those grace notes and slides in the intro were actually how I made it up, I really don't know why, but that's how I made it up. So I went back to my guitar and played it without the grace notes and it's of course a lot easier and sounds better. But I'm just too lazy to change everything on gp cuz it comes up so many times in the song. I'll try to get the updated version on here soon.