[GP3,Midi] Epic Symphonic Metal!

PDA

View Full Version : [GP3,Midi] Epic Symphonic Metal!

friedman_ftw
05-13-2007, 08:55 AM
Need crits on this one, but need people with a lot of time on their hands, this isn't exactly the shortest piece in the world (in fact, it's just about 50 minutes)

C4C.

EDIT: The file is too large to attach, anyone know a good place to host it?

EDIT2: Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?61d0gjgytwx

Please please please download and listen!

fender1618
05-13-2007, 09:17 AM
dude this is pretty ****ing sweet, unfortunatly i dont have time to listen to the whole thing, cause i gotta be at work in like 40 mins lol, but wicked dude, how long did it take you to make this?

buckethead_jr
05-13-2007, 09:19 AM
HOLY SHIT!
That is ****ing incredible, over 1000 bars and kept me interested throughout.
:golfclap:
I love this, the intro melody on acoustic was great, it all was, probably the best piece i've seen on here. Amazing 10/10.
Skipped parts of it cause it was long and i need to get to work but i listened to the main parts and pretty much every riff/solo in it.
Not much of a crit but hey.

Crit mine? Bottom of sig.

fender1618
05-13-2007, 09:23 AM
HOLY SHIT!

i agree lol 10/10 from me to, im listening to whole thing, or as much as i can, dude this is awesome, be sweet to see something like this live :cheers: gj

friedman_ftw
05-13-2007, 09:33 AM
how long did it take you to make this?
Too long man, too long.
And thanks for the crits fender1618 & buckethead_jr

kylendm
05-13-2007, 10:31 AM
Amazing just amazing. now I'm speechless. I also like it because i don't think it would be an impossible song for an entire symphony to play defiantly long as hell but hey thats great music for ya. Although....... :idea: you might need to get Michael Angelo for some sweeping.

One more thing i especially like the brass and music box :D

ch715dallat
05-13-2007, 10:38 AM
omg, the intro was amazing the riffs are quality i loved the bit starting at 114 the really classsical passage :eek: and 187 pure amazing, you must be godly on guitar to play all that just remembering it and theyres some really tough bits in there especially part II s tapping solo holy ****.

i was a task in its own trying to find the instrument that was playing at anyone time :eek:

dare i say more epic than a wintersun song, now thats ****in sayin somethin

only at bar 350 this is ****in long :( lol

eerie pause, if someone can play that stuff on a nylon they are god :eek:
same for the start of part IV you must be a virtuoso and a half :eek:

that riff around 667 is awesome for how simple it is, the rhythms great.

every part id flawless but you still wont get someone who can sit down for 50 minutes and listen to that intensly even tho every part is amazing and interesting. you should really split it up into a few seperate song or people wont be able to enjoy it all as it really is a marathon to listen to my brain just cant take it:( but it is a masterpiece thats for sure ;) that must have taken a few months at least, that or you have no job lol

mines isnt quite so long or as good but check it out if you can.

friedman_ftw
05-13-2007, 10:57 AM
omg, the intro was amazing the riffs are quality i loved the bit starting at 114 the really classsical passage :eek: and 187 pure amazing, you must be godly on guitar to play all that just remembering it and theyres some really tough bits in there especially part II s tapping solo holy ****.

i was a task in its own trying to find the instrument that was playing at anyone time :eek:

dare i say more epic than a wintersun song, now thats ****in sayin somethin

only at bar 350 this is ****in long :( lol

eerie pause, if someone can play that stuff on a nylon they are god :eek:
same for the start of part IV you must be a virtuoso and a half :eek:

that riff around 667 is awesome for how simple it is, the rhythms great.

every part id flawless but you still wont get someone who can sit down for 50 minutes and listen to that intensly even tho every part is amazing and interesting. you should really split it up into a few seperate song or people wont be able to enjoy it all as it really is a marathon to listen to my brain just cant take it:( but it is a masterpiece thats for sure ;) that must have taken a few months at least, that or you have no job lol

mines isnt quite so long or as good but check it out if you can.
:haha well, i wouldn't say i was a virtuoso, but the stuff in this is really hard for me to play.
And thanks for the crit and yeah, it's a shame nobody will listen to all of it, which sucks, but what you gonna do eh?

And yes, i have no job, as i am still in high schoool :p: but yeah, took me the best part of the year to compose this.

I'll get you'res tomorrow, my internet time limit is up in like 5 minutes. :cheers:

kylendm
05-13-2007, 10:59 AM
Well once again you'll need Michael Angelo lol i saw some 25's in those guitar parts. who better than to get someone with i think it was a 27 fret guitar some correct me.

BTW i listened to the whole thing and it was a masterpiece and was very, very inspiring. Thank you

gallagher2006
05-13-2007, 11:03 AM
O_O O_O O_O O_O

God damn...Acoustics were good. Im not really a fan of the distorted guitars though.

For the record, I made it to Bar 312 :haha

buckethead_jr
05-13-2007, 11:14 AM
O_O O_O O_O O_O
wtf?

For the record, I made it to Bar 312 :haha
:haha i made it to 1125, that was a lot of my day gone.:haha

ch715dallat
05-13-2007, 11:27 AM
i listened to all of it basically, just shipped some of the interlude things but yes if you can play that flawlessly and you say 'some of its pretty hard for me' i would throw about the virtuoso word to be honest lol ;)

Burning_Angel
05-13-2007, 11:28 AM
Christ! That piece is amazing!

I'm only halfway through, and already, you'd need Buckethead, Jari Maenpaa, and Mattias Eklundh, and a freaking amazing bassist, and Flo Mounier, not to mention Per Wiberg, and like 3 other keyboardists!

It would awesome to see this live, cause its an adventure. I think this could be what Dragonforce wish they could do.

gallagher2006
05-13-2007, 11:29 AM
wtf?
It means Suprised and shocked...and I was 4 times as shocked at the 50 minutes piece :haha O_O

buckethead_jr
05-13-2007, 11:32 AM
It means Suprised and shocked...and I was 4 times as shocked at the 50 minutes piece :haha O_O
oh :haha

And the threadstarter has to be a virtuoso to play that, and keep it up for 50 minutes :haha

gallagher2006
05-13-2007, 11:32 AM
oh :haha

And the threadstarter has to be a virtuoso to play that, and keep it up for 50 minutes :haha

:haha Yeah

I just got to the ending...I feel like I've accopllished domething today :haha

Nice ending BTW mate very cool come-down

buckethead_jr
05-13-2007, 11:49 AM
Damn it. Just as i came to the ending GP crashed. This has happened like 5 times now :haha

Burning_Angel
05-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Yes! I got through it!

I loved every bit of it, but you may want to break it up into like 5 songs or so... Cause my head almost couldnt take it. It almost reminds me of Meshuggah's Catch 33 in length, combined with Dragonforce/Wintersun like music. But Meshuggah broke Catch 33 up into like 12 songs.

zakatak9389
05-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Oh my ****ing God man, I think this is one of the best pieces of music I've ever heard in my entire life. I listened to the whole thing, and believe me, because I usually have something to complain about in every song, when I say that this is ****ing mind blowing. The problem is that it's just too damn long. Make it into like 5 10 minute songs, and record it, and make your first album. I will seriously buy that shit right away man. I feel like crap after to listening to your song though, because I realized that I'll never be able to make something like this myself. Also dude, this song would be almost impossible to pull off. You'd have to be as good as Jason becker, Marty friedman, malmsteen, and buckethead to play this, but with enough practice, I'm sure you could do it :) . It's just amazing that one kid in highschool, like myself, can write something like this by themselves. You have to be one of the best musicians on this whole damn forum man. So trust me when I say that I give this a 1,000,000/10!!!!!

If you could crit one of mine I'd appreciate it :peace:

dream{M}theater
05-13-2007, 06:37 PM
Just as I was depressed for not being able to come up with a good song, I come across this. Thanks a lot man. Completely crushed my spirit :(. :peace: I'm just kidding. Amazing song man. 10 out of 10

DarkTom666
05-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Just wasted 50 minutes of my life!!!

NOT

That piece...was...f****...AMAZING!!!! I'm speechless.... every single note, every single riff was awesome!

friedman_ftw
05-14-2007, 03:31 AM
Oh my ****ing God man, I think this is one of the best pieces of music I've ever heard in my entire life. You have to be one of the best musicians on this whole damn forum man. So trust me when I say that I give this a 1,000,000/10!!!!!
Woah, don't mind if i use that in my sig do ya?
And thanks everyone else for eh crits.

tborsje
05-14-2007, 11:08 AM
I listened to the whole thing, absolutely fucking amazing. Easily the best song I've heard from this forum.

It had so many layers, there was so many times I had to pause and see what was being played on the other tracks. Good luck finding musicians who could play it though...

Hell, you could probably use this to get into a music college.

Docaroo
05-14-2007, 02:40 PM
i very much enjoyed some parts of that.... some GREAT riffs and some GREAT rhythms and some GREAT melodys....

HOWEVER... this only accounts for about 1/3 of the "song"... the other 2/3s are totally.. and I mean TOTALLY pointless.

They contribute nothing musically, are downright boring to listen to (believe me I really like shread... but this...) and you have to skip through so much to find the gems in this song...

Ok on reflection this should be 2x 10 minute songs or a 25 minute 3 song trilogy... there's so much useless twaddle going on that it's silly having a 50 minute long ear rape...

but yes, some very very great music in there ... if you can find it lol :P

lonejedio5
05-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Hmmm, easily the best piece of music I've ever heard.
You better go about copyrighting this, ASAP, this is truly a masterpiece.
Are you sure you're not a well known musical genius posting his music on here to make us feel bad? ;)

You better take advantage of what you have here and use it to further your career.
Deff. a beautiful gem.
I saved it to my comp. for later listening, very amazing music indeed.

RedDeath9
05-14-2007, 07:12 PM
It froze when I tried to open it.

ctb
05-14-2007, 07:15 PM

Same here. :(

Nunwhxre 666
05-14-2007, 07:16 PM

I second that. For some reason it won't open for me.

VoRzCeNt
05-14-2007, 10:36 PM
I can't open it either. It's the midi. I want to procrastinate for 50 more minutes why won't you play?!

RedDeath9
05-14-2007, 11:01 PM
It worked after a while, but it was lagging hardcore. When i open the midi, it says 0:00...

ctb
05-15-2007, 12:12 PM
When I try to import the Midi it just say something like 'No tracks'.

irishmatt1992
05-15-2007, 08:45 PM
I only got half way through, unbelieable man, 1,000,000 stars

Kensai
07-25-2007, 12:17 PM
I think the file's too big for my computer because it freezes up sometimes. Also, I keep getting error messages.

But the minute or so I heard was very good :cheers:

buckethead_jr
07-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Well once again you'll need Michael Angelo lol i saw some 25's in those guitar parts. who better than to get someone with i think it was a 27 fret guitar some correct me.
We play it with 7-strings btw ;)
Except we add a high A string rather than a low B.

Of_Wolves
07-25-2007, 07:05 PM
Seriously dude ....

that .gp4 file is so kickass it actually broke guitar pro xD It froze the whole thing up lol seriously.

I'm sure its great I just wish I could listen to it..

Man I feel like I'm missing out :(

champloo
07-25-2007, 07:33 PM
dude... at first when i saw the length and how many instruments i thought it would suck.
but i listened to the whole thing and its not overdone at all. its absolutely perfect.
infact its better then alot of music i have ever heard to be truthful dude.
awsome, awsome, awsome stuff.
you should seriously copyright this man.

Zao_89
07-26-2007, 03:27 PM
Theres no files in the zip when i open it.

Chaperoni
07-26-2007, 03:48 PM
It says the zip is unfinished, maybe someone can reupload a working one?

saddam
07-26-2007, 06:12 PM
I listened to the whole thing and i'm amazed by your composing skills, you're definitely one of the best composers in here!

However, I have some complaints about it
As someone said before, a lot of this 'song' is very pointless, and it's really obvious you were trying to squeeze every bit of potential out of every riff/section. For me it didn't work... I personally don't like this kind of music, it sounds very 'arrogant' in a way, can't explain why. I listened to the whole 50 minutes, and if i want to be honest i'll have to say that it certainly didn't keep me interested all the way through. No matter how many different sections you had, it all started to sound the same and yes, repetitive after a while (which is logical considering the length of the damn thing).
I had to say this, because nothing is perfect, and neither is your song, so...

But, i loved your use of different instruments, i loved your melodies, i loved your solo's, ...

To me, this is far from the best thing i ever heard, but it's certainly the best thing i've ever heard on these forums, and i've listened to a LOT of songs on here.

You have my respect and you won't ever lose it...

10/10 of course...

grtz, you sick bastard :)

gonzaw
07-26-2007, 06:26 PM
Maybe you should start making some 5 min radio-friendly songs (I guess you can) to be on the top of the mainstream and then start composing this kind of stuff :p: , you know...just for having your future asure :rolleyes:

Burning_Angel
07-29-2007, 01:44 AM
I listened again.... I think I agree with saddam.

I think if you wanna make it that repetitive, you should listen to Meshuggah's Catch 33 for a few ideas of how to make it repetitive, but keep the listener interested. (47 minutes. so close.)

shoted
07-29-2007, 02:26 AM
Way too long and repetitive for me to bother with.

One thing that made me laugh is that you would think a song with 1000+ bars would have been named with a bit more love.

dagget
07-30-2007, 06:48 AM
some of it is really great man, seriously you should be dammned proud for composing it. However i just have to say that there are many parts that I extremeley doubt you could play cleanly. Most of it though, seems very possible to play. Some of the riifs are just amazing sounding man..seriusly as i was listening to it i just became dazed at certain parts. VERY GOOD. NOW, i want to see a recording of you and ur mates playing this :) great work man.