Bodom Inspired 2 (GP5 GP4 MIDI)

PDA

View Full Version : Bodom Inspired 2 (GP5 GP4 MIDI)

Jonjy2
05-15-2007, 04:00 PM
Hey this is something I've been working on for a lil while...

I actually took one of the riffs of this from my other "Bodom Inspired song" (In sig) and put it on this, I think its better here...

Its not finished, still need more riffs and stuff...but w.e just looking for wat people think of it :D

Plz check it out and crit :D

CaRveItiNbass
05-15-2007, 04:12 PM
dude thats pretty awesome. bodom is my favorite band of all time, and that reminds me alot of them.

CaRveItiNbass
05-15-2007, 04:14 PM
if you get a friend request from WARHEART, thatd be me. when i get my recording done, ill send you a request from my side project myspace.

ZeM00finMan
05-15-2007, 04:16 PM
I actually found it a very interesting song. I honestly wasn't expecting much when I clicked the link, but, it actually tickled my fancy. Only thing I could say would be... Like, bar 42, what's used there.. for some reason, it doesn't sit right with my ear, why? I honestly couldn't tell you.. But, eh... Overall, very nicely done. How long did you spend writing this?

Jonjy2
05-15-2007, 04:37 PM
I actually found it a very interesting song. I honestly wasn't expecting much when I clicked the link, but, it actually tickled my fancy. Only thing I could say would be... Like, bar 42, what's used there.. for some reason, it doesn't sit right with my ear, why? I honestly couldn't tell you.. But, eh... Overall, very nicely done. How long did you spend writing this?

ya for bar 42 i did kinda a variation of the normal power chord...I love switching up different chords and using them as "Interlude licks" or whatever its called lol

I spent an hour or 2 on it 2 weeks ago, went on vacation, came back, spent another hour redoing a lil here and there, and sent it in here...:D

Oh and I'll go check my myspace request WARHEART ^^ :D Thanks

ZeM00finMan
05-15-2007, 04:50 PM
I'll add ya too :P

Jonjy2
05-15-2007, 09:06 PM
I'll add ya too :P

shweet :D Thx

RPotts
05-15-2007, 09:27 PM
Where in bar 42 is an inversion of a powerchord or whatever??

I think the verse and the interlude sounds similar to the verse and interlude in Are You Dead Yet?, which you may find good or bad. But I think the intro sounds pretty happy, doesn't really fit the song.

EDIT: I'm really not down with the polka beat that's used in the intro and chorus.

Jonjy2
05-15-2007, 09:41 PM
Where in bar 42 is an inversion of a powerchord or whatever??

Oh it was the second part of the bar before it, i made a mistake :-\

EDIT: I'm really not down with the polka beat that's used in the intro and chorus.

Chorus? There wasnt a chorus

thecameronator
05-16-2007, 04:26 AM
i liked it, it did remind me of bodom a fair bit, well, it is a bodom inspired song, itd be great to hear when its finished!!!

crit mine?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587434

Bloodsick
05-16-2007, 07:57 AM
I thought it sounded a lot like new bodom, especially the melodic bit at the end. I agree with others try and finish it, I think some thrashy riffs would sound good with it too. Perhaps add some gallops in the riffs you already have to spice it up a bit?

deathmetallover
05-21-2007, 02:54 AM
That was kickass, the intro riff was great especially the change into the verse riff, it fit perfectly, the interlude riff was very bodom. Sounds great not much else to say really.
Very bodom

hurlyz
06-19-2007, 12:13 AM
I think the verse and the interlude sounds similar to the verse and interlude in Are You Dead Yet?, which you may find good or bad.It looks to me like a mix of the AYDY riff aswell as the pre-chorus melodic riff in Follow The Reaper :D

Don't you think?? :)
(talking about bars 41+)

I like it much! :D

Fettot
06-19-2007, 07:13 AM
i like the interlude riff a lot :) but i think the intro sounds too happy. IMO the verse riff is kinda happy too, but not as much as the intro... the choir thing was cool, just turn down its volume a bit :)

crit mine? :)
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9631652#post9631652

Albarranator
06-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Man, I really liked your song. Please, keep on working because it sounds very good... I mean the interlude its very good. And I hope one day I can learn to use the woas choirs as you did in this song.

SIMotorcycles
06-26-2007, 12:14 PM
Definitely Bodom inspired - I'm liking most of it, except the choir aahs, I think it might be better if those were rephrased or even completely removed. I think there's a bit too much melody into it as well, which can give listener fatigue, so try some more rhythm focused parts.

Just my opinion, though.

hzac
06-27-2007, 02:00 AM
To me this song was jsut a happy verse of bodom songs mushed into one.

The first riff was to upbeat for my liking but bar 13+ drums were awesome. i liked :P

The interlude was nice work but to be honest i think the whole song was jsut a cheap bodom rip off.

Thats jsut my opinion. Your try steer away from wiriting things so similar for a while that way you can truly find what you good at when playing guitar.

Or may im jsut speaking crap :P

Can you crit mine? be as harsh as you think you need to be.
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614140