Kicked out the rhythm guitarist today

PDA

View Full Version : Kicked out the rhythm guitarist today

Iceman729
05-16-2007, 01:04 AM
Ya, so we had a band meeting and decided to kick our other guitarist because 1) Didnt want to come up with riffs 2)Talked crap about our band to make himself look cool and 3) He treated us nice at practices, but treated us bad when at school. But, Im feelng like maybe we shouldnt have kicked him, idk whats wrong, but do you guys think we should have kicked him?

Vince Sixx
05-16-2007, 01:07 AM
Wait, he didn't want to make riffs, or you didn't want to make riffs for him?

ZombieModeRocks
05-16-2007, 01:08 AM
first not contributing, second, talking shit about own band then he probably not serious about it anyway, third, well just had to be done you know what i mean.

METSOAD
05-16-2007, 02:45 AM
you were correct, no contributions, talking smack about the rest of you and being nasty to you elsewherwe. You should have kicked him out

RockerPseudonym
05-16-2007, 02:50 AM
Yes.

Dutch_Apples
05-16-2007, 02:54 AM
I will never kick a band member out again just because they don't write. Here's why: Some people just don't have the talent or skill to write good material. I actually prefer that only 2-3 band members write all the material when I work with full bands. How was talking shit about you guys making himself look cool? Most musicians get over being kicked out of a band within weeks or whenever they find a new group. You should have had someone else in mind to come and take his spot.

BrianApocalypse
05-16-2007, 04:20 AM
As long as the member contributes in some way, it doesn't matter if they don't write.

Personally, if a couple of my guys cleaned up their act, I would be as right as rain, but hey, everyone brings something.

Points 2 and 3 more than fair, you owned that c*nt.

whalepudding
05-16-2007, 05:09 AM
First one isn't all that bad, but the second and third pretty much justify it.

floyd matt
05-17-2007, 02:29 AM
just play ur part and hear how it sounds and if it sounds good okay. if u want u can dub it up a bit by recording the guitar twice. or just record ur guitar part and the Guitar part for solo (rythem part) and then go back in and solo.