Worried about band.

PDA

View Full Version : Worried about band.

crash_course
05-18-2007, 10:47 PM
So I'm in a band that hasn't really done anything.
We haven't jammed out much but we just finished up our line-up a few weeks ago.
The drummer[and founding member] is on house arrest due to a threat written on a bathroom wall that he has told a lot of people that he's being blackmailed to do so.
I'm second in command.
The other night he posted a song on our myspace that he said his old band made and that he talked to them.
I asked him about them and he told me that two of the members moved and that he does not talk to the others.
He was vague about any other details including that he went to some studio in DC which is believable and he named a price $600 for mics[?]
The quality of the song (http://www.myspace.com/xalsx) , is pretty high so I'm really skeptical on if he really was apart of it.
It's sorta like the whole I Killed The Prom Queen situation a few months ago in which a band got a new vocalist and the vocalist had one of IKTPQ's songs put up on the myspace and claimed that it was his old band but it wasn't
I can't find anything on the song but what should I do about the whole thing.
1. Let it slide for now until I go into my friends studio and record some of our fully original songs.
2. Confront him about it?
3. Quit the somewhat dysfunctional band.

And do you all think that he's really behind it even though he is somewhat notorious for lying. The song is so polished and I wouldn't mind if it was bad in quality

Dunjma
05-18-2007, 10:55 PM
/\ my band is the same (except for the blackmailing.. and threats writen on bathroom walls) i put up with it and just rip up their lyric sheets when its clear they are not original. meh we get by. i vote for confrontation!

edit: song sounds like a movie soundtrack...

Pathogen
05-18-2007, 10:57 PM
I think you should confront him about it, if anything. Just see what's going on and don't be too dissapointed if it doesn't work out because you sound like you are a pretty good dude.

theduke92
05-18-2007, 11:03 PM
Id quit the band. Nothing is gonna get done of the drummer is on house arrest.

crash_course
05-18-2007, 11:08 PM
/\ my band is the same (except for the blackmailing.. and threats writen on bathroom walls) i put up with it and just rip up their lyric sheets when its clear they are not original. meh we get by. i vote for confrontation!

edit: song sounds like a movie soundtrack...
the intro is a sample from war of the worlds
and to theduke.
He gets off in a few weeks followed with a court date. I'll be elsewhere in July so shows won't be able to start until August, if we last that long. I'm not completely invested in this band. I'm also in an Art/Indie Rock project with another friend.
^^thanks.

lolmnt
05-19-2007, 05:14 PM
just ask him about it

music man
05-21-2007, 04:02 AM
What is the myspace just out of intrest?

Guitargod12345
05-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Get a new drummer so you can jam.

METSOAD
05-21-2007, 05:58 PM
get a drummer, if he is better or just as good as your guy on house arrest then you could kick him out for the other guy, but if he is getting out soon then maybe you could give him a chance

crash_course
05-24-2007, 02:54 PM
What is the myspace just out of intrest?
www.myspace.com/xalsx
Other than that I'm planning to jam with everyone else at the vocalists house.

Edit: the threat was something about how a specific race was going to die and there were so many copy cats you see that happened the week of? the VA Tech shootings and my school is 4 1/2 or so hours away from VA Tech.
v

WhereArtEsteban
05-24-2007, 08:12 PM
What was the threat????