A longer one (6:55) Rock (?) [GP5]

PDA

View Full Version : A longer one (6:55) Rock (?) [GP5]

masterskill
05-20-2007, 04:33 PM
This one is my baby ^_^. Again, I don't know what genre to call it, except maybe long. (Well...not Dream Theater long..but my longest one).

The reason I only have the GP5 version up now is because I'm working on getting a midi version to sound at least half as good (imo ^_^) as the GP5 version. Same with GP4. But for now, to everyone with GP5, please listen to it thoroughly and give any comments you can about it. Even "I liked the solo" will help.

So, enjoy.

(Also, assure the drums are playing in Midi and the rest in RSE)

(Also also, if you liked this one, give my other one in my sig a listen and leave a comment. Thanks :D)

DarkTom666
05-20-2007, 06:27 PM
Really nice, the whole intro sounds really arabish or something like that, which is pretty cool! Then after the riff starts getting repetitive, maybe some vocals would make it better. As for the solo, I found it pretty cool ;) Overall, good job, if you want the song to be a long one, add some variations though xD

8/10 ;) Cheers for the crit

gonzaw
05-20-2007, 08:52 PM
The intro was really nice, but I think you chould change that 5/8 time signature, it doesn't get along (I think if you change it to 6/8 it would be good).
I liked how it builds up to the verse....
I loved from bar 31 onwards,......everything fits perfectly to create a nice ambiance..... nice bass too, and from bar 38 it gets better...but there are some parts in the drums with silences, I think you should put something in there, maybe the bass drums, cause it feels empty...
At times it gets weird with the time signature changes, and quite boring too because of them...
I liked the first solo (specially the slides) , but gets repetitive soon after.
The second solo was great, but in GP5 doesn't sound as good as it should be, but I bet that live it would be awesome!!
Pretty nice 9/10

Wanna crit mine? (in sig, one of the bottom if you can)

revan1013
05-27-2007, 05:52 AM
Very slow (not a bad thing), very enviornmental, great ambience. It's definitely pretty epic in its own way. The melodies are calm, soothing, and then build up to the solo and works real well.

Around bar 50 it starts sounding Far-Eastern, a lot. It's nice to see such a good sound coming from fairly simple arpeggios. The time sig changes are subtle and work well. The solo near the end is entrancing next to all the other instruments going, it kinda wraps you up in sound if that makes sense.

For some reason, I can't hear the drums in the song at all when I play it. Funny thing is it sounds great minus drums anyway.

masterskill
05-27-2007, 05:56 AM
Very slow (not a bad thing), very enviornmental, great ambience. It's definitely pretty epic in its own way. The melodies are calm, soothing, and then build up to the solo and works real well.

Around bar 50 it starts sounding Far-Eastern, a lot. It's nice to see such a good sound coming from fairly simple arpeggios. The time sig changes are subtle and work well. The solo near the end is entrancing next to all the other instruments going, it kinda wraps you up in sound if that makes sense.

For some reason, I can't hear the drums in the song at all when I play it. Funny thing is it sounds great minus drums anyway.

Ahh, thats a major issue, the drums are a pretty huge part of it.

The drums are the only things set to midi, so be sure to turn that up in your computer's volume control (usually in the task bar). If you don't know which one it is, just max em all out for the song and give it another shot.

lonejedio5
05-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Oh wow, this song rocks. the intro got me hooked right away. I love middle eastern-ish sounding music.
It deff. has a Dream Theater-ish feel to it. Which is awesome since I looove them.
I love the atmosphere the song has, it is very sad. It could easily be an instrumental, though you could just as easily add vocals to it. Deff. a great song man.

Plus, I liked the solo. :)

ch715dallat
05-27-2007, 03:35 PM
the intro was good but the 7/8 time kinda got me confused lol, when the piano came in i was like :eek: it sounds so good, even in GP :eek: and the drums were great too.

jeez i thought it was just gonna be piano :eek: that electric just kicked in and it sounds great but it didnt last long enough in my opinion then the next guitar came in later it was perfect .

the solo/lead thing was cool just before the main solo kicked in. The main solo was perfect nothing to change there i dont think :headbang: but the song definitely ended way too abruptly maybe have a slower intro and fade out or something ;)

:cheers:

mine is in my sig the first one ;)

jamiedonnelly93
05-28-2007, 06:39 AM
**** thats an interesting intro, very good song, thanks for the crit on mine :)