[GP5, MIDI]Untitled Possibly Melodeath Crit 4 Crit

PDA

View Full Version : [GP5, MIDI]Untitled Possibly Melodeath Crit 4 Crit

deathmetallover
05-21-2007, 02:31 AM
Hey, new here, this is a song i wrote for my band on the weekend, i'm not sure what specific genre it is, although it is influenced by Amon Amarth.
Tell me what you reckon, and Crit 4 Crit. :devil:

Jonjy2
05-21-2007, 02:47 AM
not bad stuff man :)

I think tho the riffs are lacking some more complex rhythms. I dont mean speed, i mean difference in rhythm. Especially the intro main riff...

But the chorus riff was great. And the Pre-Verse 2 Riff was decent as well..(and the rhythm to the Breakdown was good too)

The bridge was decent as well..I just think the main riff shuld have more spice...

4/5

Add a lil and it'll be good :)

EDIT: Oh and plz crit 1 of my songs too :) (The Bodom 2 is the newest)

deathmetallover
05-21-2007, 02:49 AM
thanks man, i knew something was left out, i might add a lead or something. I'll crit your's now

km-r
05-21-2007, 03:02 AM
the bodom inspired midi,
well i guess it lacks a bit of motion [intro riff]... as far as i know, bodom moves around the guitar a lot...
and i like the rest, its sort of groovy bodom... meh...

km-r
05-21-2007, 03:06 AM
for the amarth song,
the first parts need a little... err... flowering...
it can be classified as melo death if you'd add another layer doing octave-chords.... and some stuff that amon does in pursuit of vikings...

oh, and a little mixing arrangement is needed.

deathmetallover
05-21-2007, 03:15 AM
ok cool man, i'll add a harmony to the intro riff and maybe a lead or something and what do you mean by mixing arrangement?

ch715dallat
05-22-2007, 08:10 AM
that was sweet but would really benifit from some lead licks or just variations of the riffs rather than constant repetition ;) it sounds great but nothing like bodom in my opinion ;) dont know if i would call it melodeath i would put it more in death or just heavy metal as a general genre before vocals are added ;)

the bridge is were it started to get more interesting loved that riff :) it really does need a solo tho to spice it up in the middle maybe between the first and second verse?

have a look at mine in le sig if you have time

:cheers:

revan1013
05-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Good flow, dynamic. The drums push the music's movement well. In fact I probably paid more attention to the drums than anything else. The guitars were good too though, just didn't stand out as much. The bridge was sweet though. Good work!

here's mine if you'd like to crit it: http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=592095