A scary thought

PDA

View Full Version : A scary thought

music man
05-21-2007, 04:00 AM
I have to go up infrount of my whole year (none of whome like me) And play freebird with my band, this wwouldnt be a problem but our singer and our drumer go to diffrent schools and cannot come for the gig. So, we had to find a compramise, we found a singer willing to learn the song in 4 days and a drumer who could already play it.

So there we are in the rehursal room playing away, the new guys (and girl) doing great, sounding as good if not better than the whole band can play it, and we ask them both "So are you up for it?" and they both say yes. I get a phone call 2 hours ago saying that the singer has backed out.

The gig is in 2 hours and either I or our other guitarst (TMAW) IS going to have to sing it :wtf:

Any tips on singing it and playing lead at the same time?

C_Turton
05-21-2007, 04:08 AM
erm.. good luck?

lyingfromyou118
05-21-2007, 04:15 AM
Do it instrumentally if you can't do it cleanly?

That's typically something that comes with time. I tend to just try and get the song down like second nature on guitar, then I start working on the singing later.

haz_uk
05-21-2007, 04:19 AM
just do an instrumental and knock em dead. show those fags what you've got dude!

METSOAD
05-21-2007, 01:08 PM
well we did it, sort of, both tmaw and music man did as well as they could, but we had all kinds of technology issues and we managed to cut freebird down to 6 minutes lol

music man
05-29-2007, 12:16 PM
I play guitar :D

greendayguitar
05-29-2007, 08:13 PM
Me too!!! :eek:

We must be related or something!