Masquerade [midi, GP5, lead sheet]

PDA

View Full Version : Masquerade [midi, GP5, lead sheet]

sinan90
05-21-2007, 01:08 PM
Here's a bebop style piece, it should be quicker, but I've had to do it slower otherwise the midi file can't handle it. It's the song without the solo section which is basically the same chord sequence around.

The rhythm on the guitar pro file isn't the intended rhythm because I imported it after using another program to write it in, the rhythms aren't exactly right.

ctb
05-21-2007, 01:16 PM
I remember in a magazine called Guitar Techniques there was a section on a guitar playing type called 'Raga'. It sounds exactly like the saxophone bit. :D I like this a lot, it was very calming to me in my opinion.

gonzaw
05-21-2007, 01:32 PM
The sax sounded nice, but at times it seemed a little bit rushed.....
I loved the piano too,.....
It sounds great, just try to correct those rythms and maybe add a little variation to the sax...
And yeah, it was calming :)

masterskill
05-23-2007, 09:51 PM
Eep, sorry it took so long.

Anyways, there are I few issues I have with this one.

1. It seems a little to hurried.
2. The piano chords sound off or out of place. Mostly the higher notes.
3. The whole this got a bit repetitive after a while. Some variations would be nice.

the bass seemed fine, but it was pretty hard to pick out.

sinan90
05-24-2007, 02:31 AM
Eep, sorry it took so long.

Anyways, there are I few issues I have with this one.

1. It seems a little to hurried.
2. The piano chords sound off or out of place. Mostly the higher notes.
3. The whole this got a bit repetitive after a while. Some variations would be nice.

the bass seemed fine, but it was pretty hard to pick out.

1. I think the hurriedness is the failure of the computer to actually play the piece quickly enough, to be honest I need to hear it in the jazz group to see whether the sax player can make it sound like I hear it in my head.
2.The chords sound fine to me, I'm not sure how much experience you have with listening to jazz, it just creates the right sens of dissonance. The only problem I have when I write the chords is I don't know the best voicings on a piano.
3.It's only repetitive because it's twice through the head without the solo section to break it in the middle. I'd put it in, but I have no idea how to write solos for sax and piano.
And for the bass being hard to pick out, it doesn't really need to be very clear in this role as a walking line. What I wrote for the bass is very unlikely exactly what I'll paly, I'll just improvise a walking line from the chords in a practice.