[GP5,MIDI]Collection of RPGs

PDA

View Full Version : [GP5,MIDI]Collection of RPGs

gonzaw
05-22-2007, 11:24 PM
Well, as almost everybody over here is into these RPG stuff,.....welll,,.....I made a lot of these, so........anyway. I have to admit that this doesn't sound crap :haha so I think you will enjoy it a little more :) , but they are a lot and they are repetitive, but that is okay, cause they need to be repetitive, right?

Enjoy :haha

Btw: not all of them sound like RPG, but like ambiance music or something like that instead....but kind of everything is all melodic and nice stuff,.....I think.
And they don't have a specific "place" in an RPG as I don't have the slightest idea where they could go :p:

Anyway, if you are willing to crit them, I would crit yours too if you leave a link :)

UPDATED VERSION: 2 more tracks

Ach-med
05-22-2007, 11:28 PM
rpg= rocket propelled grenade
rpg=role playing game

which one are you speaking of

StringsRequired
05-22-2007, 11:30 PM
They sound like they could be put into a old snes game and sound great, but as for without the game they are ok. Number 6 is the best one tho simply cause it has some stuff going on. U need darker more fast paced battle stuff.

gonzaw
05-22-2007, 11:32 PM
THe second one.......and ehhh,......I think that is kind of obvious if I'm not wrong (unless this sounds too much of Army Music ) :p:
(I never knew RPG was Rocket Propelled Grenade, I always called them "launched grenades" :haha )

gonzaw
05-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Just made another one (don't know what type it is yet), it gets a little noisy at times but nothing major, I think it flow nicely......I also added another one I made earlier, its very small and kind of .......I don't know :p: .......maybe you should check it out :)

BerryTree
05-26-2007, 11:42 PM
RPG 11....eh....

RPG 14 I definitely loved! Sounds suspenseful and I could definitely see this one being used in one of those boss levels in video games..(or in a nerve wrenching type of scene.....) This is very creative and I like the job you did on the drum tracks . (I'm not a drummer but I think i know when they sound good). Good job on this one man. (Well, one complaint would be the repetitiveness at times....but even that flaw isn't really THAT major, it doesn't hamper the composition one bit.) Also I didn't really like 2:40-2:50...it sounds like it took a left turn to a Chinese film or something.....but besides that, this is great.

gonzaw
05-26-2007, 11:49 PM
^Wow...Thanks for the crit :)
Yeah, I did that part at 2:40 quickly and I did it to fill :haha , anyway....thanks :)

buckethead_jr
05-27-2007, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the crit , and oh my, it looks like a lot of songs here.

RPG: Not really a fan of the beggining, the Choir Aah's ( :haha ) sound a bit out of time from the organ.
Like the repeated part starting on bar 7, but i would liked to have seen more energetic drums in there to pick it up.
Woah, pretty short.

RPG2: The repeated part starting from bar 5 was great, just question you're choice of instrument to play that main melody part. Another synth in there would sound great.
I love the FX (rain) part, that's my favourite instrument when composing a RPG-like thing.
13-20 was excellent.
29-34 was good, though maybe turn down the volume of the bells? They were a bit too overpowering.
Good choice of closure too, though didn't come to a perfect Cadence, which was a shame.

RPG4: Bars 1-4 would sound better if it wasn't always D's you were playing, bit more variety would help a great deal.
For the repeated part maybe tie the trumpets last note into the empty bars? cause it did sound empty without them.
9-13 = excellent.
Liked you're use of the synths later on.

RPG5: Excellent, the best so far.
Interesting choice of drum part.
The only thing i didn't like about this is bars 20-23, they seemed unneccecary (can never spell that :p: )

RPG6: Even better. Though, when the synth plays the chords I'd tie them for the whole 4 bars instead of 2, it sounds very repetative without them.
Love the staccato melody thing, especially whin the synth comes in.
I liked bars 20-24 but what happened after that? :( It seems disjointed and the transition is choppy and sounds forced.

RPG7: Nothing negative to say here really. I loved the repeated part starting from bar 16, and 24.

RPG9: What happened to 8? anyway, the intro is, well, interesting, very unusual, but i've heard that kind of stuff in RPG's so...
Liked bars 25-32.
Not a fan of the Whistle and the Acoustic Guitar.

And oh crap, GP crashed, can't open the file anymore, and the MIDI isn't working :confused:

RPG10: Excellent again, not much i can say about it.

RPG11: Best o' the bunch by far. Layered well, fits together perfectly. Does get a bit repeatative, but hey, that's RPG music for ya.

gonzaw
05-27-2007, 01:56 PM
^Thank for the long crit man........and its pretty tiring to crit 10 or more songs in a row, isn't it :haha ? (this isn't called a collection just because :haha ).
I'll get fixing some of those things you said earlier, and btw, the last one you critted,.....are you sure it was RPG11 (the one with RPG14 in the zip file), cause if it is, I find it kind of funny :haha

buckethead_jr
05-27-2007, 02:00 PM
^Thank for the long crit man........and its pretty tiring to crit 10 or more songs in a row, isn't it :haha ? (this isn't called a collection just because :haha ).
I'll get fixing some of those things you said earlier, and btw, the last one you critted,.....are you sure it was RPG11 (the one with RPG14 in the zip file), cause if it is, I find it kind of funny :haha
:haha, yeah, just pretty tiring :p:
I think it was RPG11, well, the last file on you're first post.

gonzaw
05-27-2007, 02:12 PM
^No, that one is RPG9 (No, you've alredy critted RPG9, then it has to be RPG12....yeah, definitely it is RPG12,.....I just get too confused with all these ones :p: ), it is the one with the choirs and dark drums and strings,.......the RPG11 is the one in the zip file below that ("New RPGs") , and is kind of funny :haha

ch715dallat
05-27-2007, 03:12 PM
woah RPG 10 was a long one lol, sounds like an end sequence for the credits when theyre going through all the places youve visited as theyre are happy bits and some pretty dark ones it was great.

RPG 12 sounds like a boss battle with it starting slow just before you get into battle and its just coming along. its very tense maybe put a really climactic bit in it to signify the actual battle if that was what you were going for.

gonzaw
05-27-2007, 08:00 PM
^Thanks for the crit......
I didn't noticed the RPG10 would sound like the credits.......well, something new everyday.
I didn't intend to make RPG12 a battle theme, but more of a theme when something is happening.....something dark and misterious and dangerous and important, well, it started like that (as you can see in the beggining) but then I just continued writting and it flowed through my head and I didn't know why :haha , so in the end it turned out and it didn't sound like what I was expecting that much....anyway, at least it flows and sounds kind of good......but it may take a good time to think where it could go :haha

Well......I made another one :)
This one I think fits for a dreamy place......or a princess or the main chick character or the sweet one.....I really don't know...it happened the same thing as the RPG12 :haha ,.....it could serve various purposes (even as World map I think :haha )

Btw.....I think these RPG stuff keeps me quite inspirated....cause today I tried doing a metal song (with a great riff if you ask me :rolleyes: ) and didn't turn out that good...but then I make this stuff :haha I really don't know....

gonzaw
06-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Wow...how many replies :haha

Made another one late last night....and fixed some stuff today.
It is kind of tribal or wood music........would fit a forest or something like that
The flute "solo" in the middle was kind of improvissed (in GP, not real life as I don't own a flute :p: ) and flowed nicely me thinks......

I gets kind of boring and repetitive....but it is supposed to be an ambiance song, okay?

If anyone would like to give a listen to my above song (as I see nobody did :( ), I would appreciate it :)

gonzaw
06-04-2007, 07:00 PM
bump

Hey...I don't need crits so much...at least you could give it a listen,....if you want of course (I hope you do :) ).
Well....at least it has 1 view :haha