New piano/synth piece, C4C [PTAB, MIDI]

PDA

View Full Version : New piano/synth piece, C4C [PTAB, MIDI]

altosaxgeek5
05-23-2007, 04:17 PM
I've been working on this for a while now, but it's not complete yet. It's built upon just a simple melody & progression with the I, IV, V, & vi chords, plus a bunch of measure by measure modulation that goes into a very dissonant build up and then release. Tell me what you think. Crit for crit, of course.

Updated version below.

cool#9
05-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Sounds pretty cool, sounds like it would be the intro to some rock anthem or intro to an album or something. Pretty cool, pretty cool.

revan1013
05-23-2007, 05:08 PM
I agree with the guy above. I think this could be a great intro piece. I keep thinking of a fantasy video game, maybe Final Fantasy actually. Sounds a whole lot like old-school Nobuo Uematsu. I really like it. Even the dissonance buildup feels like that. I think it's even more true considering it's a MIDI piece perhaps, but I really enjoy this music.

here's mine if you want to see it:
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=592095

Mack56
05-23-2007, 09:33 PM
Kind of makes me think of Queen. especially the last few measures.

Nunwhxre 666
05-23-2007, 11:16 PM
It was amazing. Except, I wasn't really feeling all those tempo changes. I think they were fairly unnecessary and didn't sound too good. Other than that, this is a great start.

ponnightingale
05-24-2007, 12:28 PM
The ending is pretty rushed and the tempo changes near the end I don't really like but the melody and the way you repeated it with variants I really liked, and I liked the part where you slwed down and went quiet... very atmospheric... :)

altosaxgeek5
05-27-2007, 11:23 PM
I removed some of the tempo changes and added some bass. More bass to come soon.

yawn
05-27-2007, 11:29 PM
I loved it all up until measure 23. There were some parts that could have been executed a little bit better, but still - up until the very end - that was a very solid piece.

Grovermans
05-27-2007, 11:44 PM
didn't so much like the ending,
but the beginning was sweet.

BerryTree
05-28-2007, 12:20 AM
I absolutely love that piano intro, fits the song perfectly, good job man ( the other parts are ok, but the opening is just flat out good.) Also I was thinking that you would break out into a rock epic lol, but either way I like your choice of direction. Overall pretty good job....by the way can you crit mine?http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=593849

Egrodyne
05-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Ooh!! that soooo wants a huge C chord or something finish it of lol....i can see why someone said queen....driving single note with chord stabs, nice touch though.....I loved the synth line as well. If i had to make a surgestion i would personally harmonize a decent from bar 7 from a high C keeping the A (17 E-string) below....if that made any sence to you at all say "Im Gay!" Bowlin fo soup style!

jamiedonnelly93
05-31-2007, 05:29 AM
it sounds so cool, the chords stick right out, this would make a very good video game soundtrack or maybe a Science Fiction/Fantasy film?

C4C?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=596451