Starting A Band

PDA

View Full Version : Starting A Band

jamiedonnelly93
05-24-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm looking to start a band, whats a good idea on how to get members, as i dont really know people who are good enough atm, also what are good band promotion sites besides youtube and myspace?

Stringbreaker
05-24-2007, 10:33 AM
craigslist, or put fllyers around school

sketchy z
05-24-2007, 10:34 AM
I'm looking to start a band, whats a good idea on how to get members, as i dont really know people who are good enough atm, also what are good band promotion sites besides youtube and myspace?

yeah just go around to concerts, local concerts that play whatever type of music you are wanting to play and go and meet some people. I am sure there are lots of people in the same boat as you that would love to start a band or, have you add the the last piece to the puzzle. Unless joining someone elses is out of the question?

jamiedonnelly93
05-24-2007, 10:36 AM
yeah just go around to concerts, local concerts that play whatever type of music you are wanting to play and go and meet some people. I am sure there are lots of people in the same boat as you that would love to start a band or, have you add the the last piece to the puzzle. Unless joining someone elses is out of the question?

Yeah i might look for bands, as in our local music store people add up flyers for people to join

Son of a Brit
05-24-2007, 10:41 AM
purevolume.com is a good band promotion website

Stringbreaker
05-24-2007, 10:56 AM
^ I agree

11thHour
05-24-2007, 12:41 PM
Just start jamming with various people, and just mess around, you will eventually know who you fit in well with etc.