(GP4/Midi) - Interesting

PDA

View Full Version : (GP4/Midi) - Interesting

-Sidewinder-
05-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Haha well this is like my first attempt of making a song with a team instead of me doing it all myself. Basically it started with a piano bit that my sister played (i dunno why she was playin this kinda music hah) and so i built on that. I got my bassist and drummer to write their own parts. I basically filled in all the guitar parts and the extra keyboard parts.

jamezhetfield
05-24-2007, 06:51 PM
good composition! keep doing songs that way and the keyboard sound

Valo
05-24-2007, 07:18 PM
This sounded like Nightrage for alittle bit.
like hte melodies!
veryyyyy good!
It's been awhile since we've seen you:P
I've missed this awesome music!

-Sidewinder-
05-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Thanks, and yea I've been busy tryin not to fail school hah
Not my fault its the last 3 weeks of grade 12 :P I gotta make up for all the skipping!

Valo
05-24-2007, 07:51 PM
Haha.. we're in the same boat man!

zakatak9389
05-24-2007, 10:18 PM
Damn man, this is some A grade s***. The piano intro was pretty damn good, The key change in bars 3 and 4 was very nice. The keyboard solo thing was nice, I liked the delay type effect you used. The intro solo was good, but the part that started at bar 25 was awesome.

The pre-verse was good, it reminded me of Opeth. The riff in the verse wasn't amazing, but it wasn't bad. I liked the bassline you used there though. The thing at bars 53-57 was good, but I didn't really like the verse repeating right after it again. Pre-chorus was great though, veeery nice melodies there man. Now the chorus just f***ing blew my mind, it's perfect. Post chorus fit perfectly and sounded great.

The bridge is sweet, good piano stuff there too man. The interlude didn't really fit, but sounded good nonetheless. Reminded me of Opeth too. The first solo was kickass, but I didn't really like the bends in bars 119-120. Rest of it was great though, nothing else to complain about. :)

The chorus flows really nicely w/ the verse after the solo. The second solo was pretty nice, but not as good as the first one. It sounded too bluesy to me, and didn't fit perfectly, but it still sounded good. the solo flowed perfectly into the outro which was amazing. The jazz guitar w/ the piano was pretty much perfect, I can't think of how to improve it.

Overall, this is a damn good song man, but just a few things bothered me, but it's just my opinion. 9.5/10, please keep writing songs like this, you write kickass stuff bro. :headbang:
Crit mine if you get a chance (in sig) :peace:

michal23
05-26-2007, 12:00 PM
That.... was absoultely... beautiful. It's like.... wow.... and if anyone can come up with something better.... PLEASE send it me.
lol

Philipp Sobecki
05-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Yeah, that was awesome!

lonejedio5
05-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Woah, this is some Grade A stuff.
Greaaat piano intro, amazing guitars.
I loooved the Chorus.
Bass was amazing as well.
Solo was strange I think, but it deff. fit the song nicely.
How many people are in your band? It deff. takes skill to pull something like this off, but it's deff a beautiful musical piece. I actually can imagine a female vocalist singing this, dont know why, but someone like Christina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil. Its deff beautiful.
9.5/10 as well.

-Sidewinder-
05-26-2007, 01:19 PM
We have 5 people in the band, 3 guitarists, bass and drummer hah. But this song isn't really for playing, just seein what we could actually come up with if we really tried. My next song that I'm almost finished is the kinda song we would actually play, so you can wait for that :P

lonejedio5
05-26-2007, 01:24 PM
We have 5 people in the band, 3 guitarists, bass and drummer hah. But this song isn't really for playing, just seein what we could actually come up with if we really tried. My next song that I'm almost finished is the kinda song we would actually play, so you can wait for that :P

Ah ok gotcha. 3 guitarists? Man, I feel bad for the bassist, haha, kinda lost in there.
If you guys ever put out a record though, deff. record this song, even if you dont ever play it live.
Deff good stuff.

-Sidewinder-
05-26-2007, 01:27 PM
Haha well 2 wannabe guitarists..and me :P
Usually it's only 2 and the other sings, but sometimes we might need 3 parts
But thanks man :)

Adam144
05-26-2007, 01:27 PM
Wow that was amazing. Good job!! I hope I can come up with stuff like this one day..

ch715dallat
05-26-2007, 01:57 PM
that was sweet :eek: loved the piano at the start with the delay on teh keys and taht the intro solo was perfect and same goes for the main solo/bridge thing when the piano re enters :eek: the main riff before that was great 2 it had a good rhythm to it :dance:

the interlude was a great change it just kicked in and i was like wtf :wtf: thats mental and then a sweet ass solo with teh piano and the guitar dueling it out

youre solos are great especially with teh keys behind theyre very melodic and memorable ;) and teh riffs at 7 4 for the outro were nice and interesting. its definitely a masterpiece great work. :cheers: