Another first gig thing

PDA

View Full Version : Another first gig thing

Zen5887
05-25-2007, 02:06 AM
I got my first gig in...er..a few hours. We are doing post show entertainment for the schools dance night both tonight and tommorow night.

We're doing two songs (zombie by the cramberries and punk rock 101 by bowling for soup)

We've all got the songs down pretty well..but what can we all do without sorta just stadning there and looking silly..

Also..Is there any advice some vet UGers can pass down about stage pressance?

Awesome..Thanks..

RNRSoldier
05-25-2007, 02:21 AM
I'm afraid looking silly is a bit unavoidable in a first gig :p:. Really focus on your playing, not your appearence. Act like you're just at a practice or something. People will be more impressed if you sound great and look kinda dorky than if you sound like **** and rock out epically.

Owned
05-25-2007, 02:24 AM
yep, just focus on nailing the song, i guess after you can do that all the time you'll just let it all out eventually.

Zen5887
05-25-2007, 02:38 AM
Aweosme haha..Im getting used to looking pretty silly.

Thanks frieinds!

Owned
05-25-2007, 02:39 AM
yeah, first 5 or so performances i did i looked like a plank, but i'm a bit looser now.

jthm_guitarist
05-25-2007, 02:48 AM
Know the songs, and work everyone up so they don't get stage fright and cop out.
To avoid standing there looking dumb, try to make your fellow band members laugh. Run up to them and hold your guitar vertically or something.