[GP5,GP4,MIDI]Rubidium

PDA

View Full Version : [GP5,GP4,MIDI]Rubidium

gonzaw
05-27-2007, 11:17 PM
Hello....
I think this is kind of alternative or metal...I don't know...
This started when I was fooling around in Drop D and the riff came out......then I went to GP and added the rythm guitar and bass.......
I'm not very sure on the Pre-chorus....doesn't sound that good to me.....and the first bar of the chorus maybe...but then I think the chorus gets nice :) (I think)

And the solo.....well, don't expect me to play that shredding part :p: , but I don't think the solo sounds that bad.....but needs some adjustments......same with the outro....which some notes (mainly the first ones, those bends) also don't sound good.....if someone can point out how to make them better, then I would be glad :) .
Don't ask me where the drums are cause when I tried to put them the song sounded even worse, so I can't figure out how to do them (help?), but I don't think this song needs it :rolleyes:

Anyway.....its been a while since I do this type of songs (I've been with those RPG stuff lately).....so I'm kind of rusty :p: (but as I know more theory now, this doesn't sound crap :) )

I finished it in a rush now cause I have to go to sleep, and tomorrow I go to school and so when I come back I could see the crits (I hope there is one :( ) and try to finish it more neately.....

Thanks and Enjoy

loose bowels
05-28-2007, 04:21 PM
I quite liked this song but there were some problems with note choices. I think in the bass you ment to put an A (fret 7) rather than a G# (fret 6) and you also need to put the bass in dropped D as well cause otherwise it sounds not too good. Also in the pre chorus the reason why it might sound kind of off is because of the A# in the guitar (fret 3). An A (fret 2) will probably work better there. Also the bends at the 12th fret in the solo would probably sound better as 1/2 bends than full bends.
As for drums try unusual things like bongo's, conga's or marracas if more traditional stuff isn't working. Also you might want to do something else with the strings as they're only used twice.

Also is it possible to get some Crit4Crit?
Generic black metal (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=593278)

ClosedCasket
05-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Thats quite cool, it's got a very eastern atmospheric vibe to it, which is quite cool. Some meatier riffs in there could've been cool, but that was really quite good!
Crit mine? It's in the sig...

rodrigomierh
06-08-2007, 03:45 PM
I liked the vibe of the song, the intro riff + bass is really nice. the chords at the verse are cool but i don't think the riff fits them, i liked the outro but i think there should be a note(lower) following the current ending note you have, i waited for it but never came, but u can leave like it is cause its not much of a problem. :p: 8/10 cheers

ctb
06-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Your songs are getting cooler each time. :D

gonzaw
06-08-2007, 07:39 PM
^Thanks :p:

Thanks for the crits everyone :cheers:

JimmyPage97
06-08-2007, 10:25 PM
I like how you put the bass... so melodic. A lot of people don't integrate bass a lot into their songs, it's really cool how you do.

I also like the string hits. The overall motif, the one on lead guitar... I don't really "get" it, it's kinda awkward sounding. The solo was really good. You put feeling into, it wasn't just careless fast notes (Which a lot of people seem to mistake as "good")

I also liked how you added the acoustic behind everything, maybe try more strings, or a piano throughout.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=601590 or
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=602608 C4C? ^_^

leo_p8
06-09-2007, 12:35 AM
I have mixed emotions about this one... not to mention the conflicting thoughts on your constant use of the guitar as a filler (don't lie to me!).

The songs idea/concept is just awsome. As always, some variation would be more than welcome. The solo needs to be a tad more realistic (make the bends legato or omit them, those particularly small and fast bends are a pain to play well. The bass is, again, as always, top-notch, but the drums seem to just be filler this time.

I love the idea you had for using the classical guitar... I even think it would soung GREAT played live, but the MIDI just destroyes it... so... not your fault there... some added harmonies or varied accents would be nice, though.

Good job, man.

gonzaw
06-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the crits :)
I didn't know the bass was good :p: .......but anyway.
Maybe I could use those strings to add variation to the verses and such......and maybe I don't need drums, as it sounds good without them.....

^^I tried those links you gave but they don't work :confused: .......

NovemberRain273
06-13-2007, 12:52 AM
Hmmm i didn't really...understand the song until the acoustic guitar came in. It was really cool actually, I like the feeling it gave. The bass is amazing as well, great job on that. I like the solo as well, though some of the bends sounded wierd. The whole thing is pretty cool, but could use some variation, liek a different riff somewhere or something. Good job!

khamett
06-26-2007, 03:10 PM
hey nise intro and the melody kainda really remins me one bulgarina folklor song ( i really like it) how i kno e tham , maybe cuz ii am from bulgaria. :) the song is really godd, but if there were any drum it would be bette, the solo is good, in fact very good, but i think i 'v heard some off key nots there.

I liked the outro more than the main solo, maybe because it is some more melodic.

and the acousic guitar is some kind of fast to me.

7/10( for not having drums, an d these off key notes)

once again i liked the stuff in bars 24- 25 in the chorus!!!!!!!!!

PEACE DUDE!