Will this band go anywhere?

PDA

View Full Version : Will this band go anywhere?

loose bowels
05-28-2007, 05:21 PM
First of all this isn't a bitch about band members or anything, this is contemplation of the genre. We want to do drum and bass/trance/ambient music but bring some rock/metal ideas to it. We've had some ideas and it looks like it might work but I'm thinking about performing a live situation. Local pubs and venues might not be willing to cater to a 'dance' band that might put off customers. Also we're going to have to be quite tight live (incredibly so actually). I'm quite good on bass, our drumer is good but our singer hasn't turned up so far, our guitarist might not want to play this kind of stuff (more of metal guy) and our sample at the moment doesn't have anything to sample.

Should we give up now?

gopherthegreat
05-28-2007, 05:24 PM
well i'd need to hear the band. can you post a recording?

if your creative, then you might get some gigs. it sounds like a cool idea

greendayguitar
05-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Why give up? Don't wimp out. It sound like a neat idea. You don't know if it's going to fail or not, until you try it, and it fails.

wizzywozzy
05-28-2007, 05:28 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_of_death_%28moshing%29

=]

j_hunter_hkr
05-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Kind of like 65 Days of Static? They can do it and they're amazing live.

loose bowels
05-28-2007, 05:30 PM
This again is another problem as we haven't managed to record anything because we haven't managed to get everyone together yet. Cause it's begin to look me like it's doomed from the start.

We have a myspace but at the momnet it does **** all.
Naked Saturday (not even sure about the name!) (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=170757461)

gopherthegreat
05-28-2007, 05:40 PM
after reading your myspace, you had better make some recordings. i really wanna hear it.

loose bowels
05-28-2007, 06:00 PM
I've written some stuff on Guitar pro and run it by some of the band and they seem to like it.

SugarRush66
07-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Without hearing the clip, it sounds a bit like post-rock to me. As long as the trance elements aren't over done then it could be really good.

Derickonfire
07-27-2007, 07:35 PM
I like that.... Reminds me a lot of 65 days..

I think if ya can keep it tight like that midi, I would definitely check it out live.

I just listened to son et lumiere btw.. will listen to the rest after.

Derickonfire
07-27-2007, 07:43 PM
Ok.. after listening to me all.

The whole midi thing got really annoying after a while =P

With some real instrument tones and with everyone in the band contributing ideas I think you can make it go somewhere.

Make sure your guitarist is good too =P

You can always make one instrument play 'lead' riffs. Kind of like take the place of vocals...

Stealthtastic
07-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Get a tubist.

Tele Echoes
07-31-2007, 03:24 PM
This again is another problem as we haven't managed to record anything because we haven't managed to get everyone together yet. Cause it's begin to look me like it's doomed from the start.

We have a myspace but at the momnet it does **** all.
Naked Saturday (not even sure about the name!) (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=170757461)

If you can't get everyone together, it's obvious there's one or two in there who don't care.