Want some weed?

PDA

View Full Version : Want some weed?

luciddreamer
05-28-2007, 08:16 PM
My band members all smoke weed, and i was shocked b.c my drummer told me he'd never smoke weed and now he did. Im pissed, they're all trying to tell me how it's better than drinking but im sorry, i'm still pissed that my they'd do something like that. Im thinking aboiut quitting the band b/c of this, is it worth quitting b/c of my morals?

felenoral
05-28-2007, 08:18 PM
What's wrong with MJ? No seriously, tell me what's wrong with it.

luciddreamer
05-28-2007, 08:20 PM
I dont find it bad, well maybe b/c all of the tv propaganda warped my mind and everything but it's still against my morals.

Yakult
05-28-2007, 08:21 PM
Who cares what they do? If you like the band then get off your moral high-horse

MrGuitar123
Quit.

or

Try to test drive
before you criticize

Yngwi3
What's wrong with MJ? No seriously, tell me what's wrong with it.

Gives you schizophrenia, makes you epileptic, paranoid and gives you psychosis- that enough for you?

It's your call dude

DaveDaThrasha
05-28-2007, 08:22 PM
aside from the obvious illegality of the act, i see n othing inherently wrong, hwoever having said that, its not somethin id do again... its not for everyone. if youre in a band witha bunch of guys who dont share alot of the same ideas for you, its not gonna work, bein in a band is like bein in a marriage, just dont waste your time man.

phoenix_88
05-28-2007, 08:22 PM
you mean aside from the lung cancer/diseases?
or the stunting of your emotional growth?

lol.

it's all up to your morals whether you want to quit or not.
personally, if they did it all the time/at practice, i would.

Haha, Crackhead
05-28-2007, 08:25 PM
you mean aside from the lung cancer/diseases?
or the stunting of your emotional growth?

lol.

it's all up to your morals whether you want to quit or not.
personally, if they did it all the time/at practice, i would.

You're much more likely to get lung cancer from smoking cigarettes.

If it gets in the way of the music, leave.

If not, do whatever you wish.

n0selfesteem
I say ignore it unless they do it around you.

moostafah
Gives you schizophrenia, makes you epileptic, paranoid and gives you psychosis- that enough for you?

It's your call dude

You are very very misinformed. Don't say stuff like that and try to act wise about this topic when u have absolutly no knowledge about it at all.

ndakasimba
i don't drink at all, but i'm not opposed to a little mary jane now and again.

the fact of the matter is, if it bothers you that much, then quit. it's gonna be no fun for you or your bandmates if you're pissed about them toking the ganja, and i guarantee that you won't make good music with those kind of angry vibes in the band. of course, another option is to talk to them about it, tell them how you feel and make an agreement that goes something like

1.No smoking during practice
2. No smoking before or during shows
3. No sm... no, that's it. there is no number three.

Does that sound fair?

oriolesazb
05-28-2007, 08:26 PM
yo man, i used 2 b the same wau...then i tryed it...not i enjoy it.

Maggot66
My band members all smoke weed, and i was shocked b.c my drummer told me he'd never smoke weed and now he did. Im pissed, they're all trying to tell me how it's better than drinking but im sorry, i'm still pissed that my they'd do something like that. Im thinking aboiut quitting the band b/c of this, is it worth quitting b/c of my morals?

Your leaving a band because they smoke weed...

You don't expect to go very far in a music career in a band do you..?

groll01
if it effects the band/practice time i would but if not....try it your self, the beatles did :p

ozmanfan9
05-28-2007, 08:27 PM

It's your call dude

well ive been smokin for about 3-4 years and so far i dont have schizophrenia, im not epileptic, i dont get paranoid and i dont have psycosis

nothing is wrong with it so smoke it up

phoenix_88
05-28-2007, 08:28 PM
on the whole lung cancer more plausible from cigarettes...

true sorta,
but you'll stick **** up your lungs big time.

noodleman123
05-28-2007, 08:29 PM
all the money that you have spent on drugs you could have invested into your band (which your band is guna be better than drugs even if you have one arm no fingers and you're cross eye'ed [coz drugs are that bad]). think man, kill yourself in the most ridiculous way possible and have a "story" to tell the kids or live,breathe and feel music even better. instead of buying draw, just put the money you would spend into a box then you'll have music money in no time!

deaththrashcore
05-28-2007, 08:29 PM
Yeah it's illegal and that could make things messy later especially since you know about it, but otherwise there's nothing wrong. Just make sure they're not high when they go on stage, unless they're the kind of people who play better/are more entertaining high.

Arkane
05-28-2007, 08:30 PM
weed makes people lazy and you wont get much done at a jam session if everyones blazed. ive been in stoner bands my whole life and its those sober moments when the **** gets done.

stoner bands rule though and i wouldnt have it any other way :D

(in no way am i against pot,, im actually quite high right now)

Freddedonna
This has got to be some of the finest typing I have ever seen.

Anyway, I don't think you should leave the band only because of that... If they smoke, it's their problem, not yours.

pumpkins_rule
Getting baked would make jam sessions more fun for every one.

Yngwi3
well ive been smokin for about 3-4 years and so far i dont have schizophrenia, im not epileptic, i dont get paranoid and i dont have psycosis
nothing is wrong with it so smoke it up

:haha

I know this stuff happens dude- My whole family are crackheads, my mother is currently in rehab- my brother has all kinda of odd **** wrong with him, and I dont know half my family including, including my father, because my mum can't remember his name, all she can remember is that he was a drug dealer.

I know what I'm talking about ;)

garden of grey
05-28-2007, 08:31 PM

It's your call dude

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j73/gnr5999/reefer-madness.jpg

But yeah, I would stay as long as they keep it to themselves and it doesn't get in the way of the band. However, if they try to make you do it make it clear that you won't unless you truly want to.

me_llamo_juan
05-28-2007, 08:31 PM
If it gets in the way of the music, leave.
Quite right. Half of the members in my band smoke weed... but it doesn't get in the way of the music so the rest of us see no reason to stop them.

scarfacesuit
05-28-2007, 08:32 PM
ok first of all, everyone's an idiot.

one side of the argument is this: marijuana won't harm you at all.
one side is this: marijuana is satan's plant of choice and is EVIL!!

i'd like to take this moment to point out that smoke inhalation in any form is bad for you (marijuana too, because there's no filters, unless you use one... which no one does).

now, having said that, weed isn't the worst thing in the world. it might mess with your head for a bit, and prolonged extensive use will really harm your brain, but that's pretty extreme. for someone who smokes occassionally, it's not too bad. it's about a hundred times less harmful for you than alcohol is, and that's LEGAL.

so having said the pros and cons, on to the topic:

i'd stick with the band, but if them smoking weed is really screwing with the band budget (which has happened to my band...), then you should do something about it. if it's against your morals to smoke weed, then tell them you don't want them to do it around you, cause it's just not your thing.

redstripe
05-28-2007, 08:34 PM
i say quit if your uncomfortble with them being stoners. to be in a band you gonna have like each other, some bands pull off being famous and not liking each other but your gonna enjoy making music more if your relaxed and having fun and not being pissed off with one another.

or if your band is really talented/or have great chemisry on stage and you don't wanna break it up. go with than guy who suggested rules. it'll let you make music and be less uncomfortable around them.

mw7
05-28-2007, 08:36 PM
http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofacts/marijuana.html

Read the effects.

Anyway only quit if you can't make music with them or they're not reliable. If they're high at band practice and suck ass, or if they're busy trippin' instead of going to practice, then quit.

If they're cool potheads I don't see why you should quit.

Chili2122
05-28-2007, 08:37 PM
First of all, extensive use of marijuana does not cause lung cancer. There was some very recent and extensive research that was just completed at Southern Illinois (I believe, don't grill me if wasn't there). As far as psychosis and the other emotional effects, you just have to do it in moderation, like everything else in life. Some people have these emotional effects, others don't; it's different for everyone. I have a few friends who don't like to smoke because it gives them a headache. They don't dislike me because I smoke and why should they, that would be ridiculous. I, on the other hand, like the fact that it can relax and expand my mind and let things be. All I can say is this; if you've never been high before, then you cannot criticize people for smoking. ****, look at what alcohol is doing to our society. Abuse of alcohol can cause even more devastating effects than weed does, yet society always finds a way to overlook that drug.

Antzzang
05-28-2007, 08:37 PM
This is the same thing with my band but i guess if they dont do it around or pressure you it's alright i guess.

LynchMobster
05-28-2007, 08:38 PM
None of what you said is true. Now it may not be better than drinking, its better for your health than drinking, not that its healthy. The only negative that can really be linked to marijuana smoking is loss of motivation, but thats only while your high. Alchohol and tobacco is considerably worse for you than marijuana. so no, you shouldnt quit. It's your descision whether you smoke or not, but dont quit because they do. Like, being an alchohic is way worse than being a pothead too. So if you drink, you shouldnt have anything against weed. And when your drunk your way more dangerous than when high. Stop listening to false facts that the government pumps out. They take cases where someone who smoked eventually devoloped schizophrenia or something and just say becuase that happened to them, it will happen to you, despite it not being linked to marijuana at all. The only bad thing is breathing in carbon dioxide in the smoke. And also, you can devolop alzheimers, but thats only from smoking out of tin foil.

Yngwi3
05-28-2007, 08:41 PM
The only negative that can really be linked to marijuana smoking is loss of motivation, but thats only while your high.

wwwrrrrroooonnnngggg

:rolleyes:

Antzzang
05-28-2007, 08:55 PM
i also think that if you're buying it from a dealer, who knows where he got his stuff from, it could potentially be worse.

lolmnt
05-28-2007, 09:51 PM
make a rule that they cant smoke at or before practice or a show bc weed kills your motivation. i know alot of people who started smoking weed and thats all they do and all that they care about

EZLN libertad
05-28-2007, 10:15 PM
I dont find it bad, well maybe b/c all of the tv propaganda warped my mind and everything but it's still against my morals.

i hear ya, its just the way i was taught, and i like it, it keeps my head on my shoulders, im constantly working with guitar, theres never a real mess around time, and because of that im light years ahead of my peers musically

whalepudding
05-28-2007, 11:02 PM
To each his own. If you don't like it, don't do it, but I wouldn't quit just because of something like that.

Unless they're always high during gigs/practices.

I know this stuff happens dude- My whole family are crackheads, my mother is currently in rehab- my brother has all kinda of odd **** wrong with him, and I dont know half my family including, including my father, because my mum can't remember his name, all she can remember is that he was a drug dealer.

Do you really?

I suppose you'd know that crack isn't marijuana?

Ibanezsabb
05-28-2007, 11:23 PM

It's your call dudeLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sincerely hope this isn't a serious post. If it is, then those 'This is your brain on drugs' propaganda commercials had a huge impact on you. LMAO

DevilMayCare
05-29-2007, 04:23 AM
If your band mates are trying to force you to smoke I'd tell them to back the **** off because it's all personal choice. I'd never force it on my singer and drummer who don't smoke...that's infringing upon their freedom of choice.
If they're not forcing it on you then I'd say just take a step back and look at it, then decide if it's worth quitting over it.

ZeM00finMan
05-29-2007, 04:51 AM

There is a BIGGGG difference between crack... and weed... or acid... and weed....

Unless you smoke enough weed per day to equal like a pack or two of cigarettes in weight/amount.... You wont have really any negative side effects, and even then... you wont have anything wrong with you 'til you're around 60 or so... ... Except loss of a little bit of short term memory XD which comes back.. so whatever... Not that many people smoke from being a teenager to being 50 smoking that much... So yea... you don't really have much to worry about...

But, yea, as everyone says... If it gets in the way of the music, leave... But, if you don't like the guys... and don't think it'll work anyways... Then, it's probably as far as you'll ever get, so you might as well leave and/or start a side band.. So you can get a jump start on the next thing... And if they all decide to get their **** together, then good... if not, you have that side band for ya ;)

Mr.Rodgers
05-29-2007, 06:03 AM
wwwrrrrroooonnnngggg

Yeah, you're just stupid mate.

Weed doesn't have those effects you mentioned earlier unless as said before, it is used daily for prolonged periods of time (which means a few joint in an hour, rather than one joint for the day)

They only come into effect if you abuse it to an absurd amount.

And LynchMobster was right... how can he be wrong if nearly everyone that does it, whilst high, cannot be fucked to do much. I know I can't. I once considered satying in the outhouse where we spark up on a beanbag, because I couldn't be bothered to get up to go inside.

Going by how argumentative about you are, and how you think you're right, I'm right to suspect that you haven't done it, and therefore you don't know the effects it has on you.

Sir Edwin CBE
05-29-2007, 06:15 AM
Psychosis + Schizophrenia - YES, it can lead to these if used a LOT
Epilepsy - never heard of it being linked
Paranoid - YES, for me at least, can make senses magnified

I've done the drug many times and like to consider myself, and others who I smoke it with ( through a pipe if possible ), knowledgeable on it. Lung cancer can happen to anyone, anywhere - cigarettes are worse than joints are worse than eating it/smoking it straight.

------------------------------------------------

Facts or so-called "facts" aside ( there seems to be an arguement here ). I'd like to ask you one question :

Would you have a problem if it was alcohol?

brodo_boosh
05-29-2007, 02:12 PM
Quit the band and let them go and they'll be left in a drugged-up haze on their backs and won't even remeber there was a band.

soccerdude3465
05-29-2007, 03:43 PM

Immediately people clump weed in with heroin and meth because it's illegal. How ignorant.

Yngwi3
05-29-2007, 03:46 PM
yeah, yeah, i know nothing :rolleyes: I used crackheads as an expression.

I just have no knowledge on the subject whatsoever, what with having personal experiences and that :rolleyes: It's alright- keep being your arrogant selves ;)

loose bowels
05-29-2007, 03:51 PM
At the end of the day if you don't feel comfortable with it but you care more about the band then just say something to them. If you don't really care about the band then jus leave.

|2eM!x
05-29-2007, 03:53 PM
Stupidest thread ever

Mr.Rodgers
05-29-2007, 06:53 PM

I just have no knowledge on the subject whatsoever, what with having personal experiences and that :rolleyes: It's alright- keep being your arrogant selves ;)

Yeah mate, you're not the ONLY person in the world to have personal experiences with drugs.

If you had more knowledge then you apparently have, you would know that weed DOES NOT cause epilepsy (seriously, wtf?), and the other three are only when abused in big 'portions' over an extensive period of time.

ANYWAY...

Don't let something like this ruin your band. If it's not affecting how you write and do other band things, then just let it be. No one's doing any harm.

greendayguitar
05-29-2007, 08:07 PM
I'm pretty against weed, or any kind of drug, as well. Although, I know many people who smoke it, but i don't look down upon them or anything. It's their choice. just make them a deal, that they will not let it interfere with the band or the music, and that they will not do it around you, and they will not abuse it.

:)

Deadmen
05-29-2007, 10:35 PM
If you haven't tried bud atleast TWICE you have no valid argument on how bad it is.

ItsAllDark
05-29-2007, 10:44 PM

It's your call dude

It doesn't give you schizophrenia, it may bring out an underlying condition that you could possibly get later in life. Same with the epileptic, paranoid, and psychosis thing. Its all in your Genes, and quite rare

kaptink
05-30-2007, 08:53 AM

I have to sig that.

greendayguitar
05-30-2007, 03:40 PM
^:haha:haha

trey-col89
05-30-2007, 08:17 PM
I'll give you a little piece of wisdom... now I'm guessing you're probably like 14 or 15 and smoking pot maybe new to you. As you get older you'll realize that a good 95% of the people you know, ESPECIALLY musicians, smoke pot. Theres no point in getting upset, if they music is goo dand you are enjoying yourself in the context of playing, then keep with it. The only reason to quit would be if it hindered the music.

jsbud11
05-30-2007, 10:39 PM
^^^ That is why smoking weed is bad.

Wonthefu
05-30-2007, 10:45 PM

Yeah, you do know nothing. If you did, you'd know there's light years of difference between being a crackhead and a pothead. Pot heads won't go out and hawk as much of their stuff as they can to buy weed. Crackheads, on the other hand, will. I've seen it done. I've seen guys sell their $1000 stereo systems for $100 to buy only enough crack to least them about a day. People in my family have been addicted to crack, and it sure ruined them. Now, of all the weed smokers I've know(which is a lot,) they all have perfectly functional lives, they have school or work, they hang out with friends, they play music or skateboard or collect pogs or whatever.

Have you even ever tried marijuana? I can tell you right now as a smoker for three or four years now, and as the son of two smokers of 20+ years, weed is not a bad thing. It can bring out some negative mental conditions, but you have to have already had something wrong for they to happen. And what about the thousands of people who smoke weed for medicinal purposes? People with arthritis, people with cancer, people with tourettes syndrome, people with chronic back/neck/wherever pain... all these people are lying when they say weed halps them? And I'm not saying weed is a cure all to end all cure alls, because everyone is affected differently, but millions of people have used marijuana over the past thousand years, and they'll continue to(not the ones who are dead, though, obviously...)

And did you know that the reason marijuana was originally made illegal, in Texas in the 20's, was so the police would have a reason to harass the immigrants coming from Mexico?

And as a final note, I say this: just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean their wrong. I'm not trying to change your entire perspective and turn you into a huge dopehead or anything like that, or even to prove your wrong. I'm trying to educate you on a subject you seem to think you know about.

In closing... calling someone ignorant is not an insult. Keep that in mind.

EDIT: Threadstarter, teach this rule to your band: write it high, refine it sober. Blazing up can be a marvelous way to get inspired, to see things from an alternate direction, but when it come time to rehearse or record, do it sober.

wtfANDREW
05-30-2007, 10:49 PM
Yeah, you do know nothing. If you did, you'd know there's light years of difference between being a crackhead and a pothead. Pot heads won't go out and hawk as much of their stuff as they can to buy weed. Crackheads, on the other hand, will. I've seen it done. I've seen guys sell their $1000 stereo systems for $100 to buy only enough crack to least them about a day. People in my family have been addicted to crack, and it sure ruined them. Now, of all the weed smokers I've know(which is a lot,) they all have perfectly functional lives, they have school or work, they hang out with friends, they play music or skateboard or collect pogs or whatever.

Have you even ever tried marijuana? I can tell you right now as a smoker for three or four years now, and as the son of two smokers of 20+ years, weed is not a bad thing. It can bring out some negative mental conditions, but you have to have already had something wrong for they to happen. And what about the thousands of people who smoke weed for medicinal purposes? People with arthritis, people with cancer, people with tourettes syndrome, people with chronic back/neck/wherever pain... all these people are lying when they say weed halps them? And I'm not saying weed is a cure all to end all cure alls, because everyone is affected differently, but millions of people have used marijuana over the past thousand years, and they'll continue to(not the ones who are dead, though, obviously...)

And did you know that the reason marijuana was originally made illegal, in Texas in the 20's, was so the police would have a reason to harass the immigrants coming from Mexico?

And as a final note, I say this: just because you don't agree with someone doesn't mean their wrong. I'm not trying to change your entire perspective and turn you into a huge dopehead or anything like that, or even to prove your wrong. I'm trying to educate you on a subject you seem to think you know about.

In closing... calling someone ignorant is not an insult. Keep that in mind.

EDIT: Threadstarter, teach this rule to your band: write it high, refine it sober. Blazing up can be a marvelous way to get inspired, to see things from an alternate direction, but when it come time to rehearse or record, do it sober.

the thread is over gg guys.

loose bowels
05-31-2007, 03:51 PM
Banana hammock (getting the last word)!

z4twenny
05-31-2007, 04:11 PM
i had to throw my 2 cents in:

first of all, don't quit unless it's getting in the way or practicing and playing. that's my 2 cents, if it's against your morals so much that it makes you wanna quit, then quit. but be informed about something like pot before you decide to quit. in other words do your own research, don't just believe the sh!t the gov't dishes out 'cuz 99% of it is lies. that being said:

i smoked pot for about 10 years, the most musical portion of my life, i was never too lazy to do anything. i went to work, paid my bills and recorded a 12 song cd after work. if i was too lazy i wouldn't have done 90 takes on 1 guitar track just to get it absolutely perfect (im a perfectionist though) i wouldn't have kept up with all my personal crap. and my gf's from the time definately wouldn't have put up w/ me being a lazy a$$hole.

i don't smoke pot anymore, the only effect i notice/d is a crappy short term memory. that's it. i've heard all the propaganda in the world about pot and i the only piece that seems to be accurate is it's damaging effect to memory.

NOW, with this being said, MIGHT it affect you in other ways that it didn't to me? yes it MIGHT. but i strongly suggest you judge for yourself how damaging it really is. nobody in the history of mankind has ever died from this drug. which cannot be said for ANY other drug and thats including everything from heroin to aspirin.

don't let someone else tell you what to do, make your own call and be your own self, regardless of what that is.

Koolcow
05-31-2007, 04:28 PM
i just wanted to say, that i used to play guitar with my friend A LOT last year, we were motivated and we wrote/learned songs very frequently. He started trying pot and soft drugs (cough medicine, triple C, etc.) later on in the year, like very occasionally: once a month. He said he wouldn't do it much, but obviously he tried different stuff and got addicted to cigarettes and was doing pot everyday before school. (although i will say he got commended on all of his state regulated tests and got a perfect score on his writing portion while he was high :rolleyes: ) Needless to say during all of this, we never played guitar at ALL, this like took all of his time and he denied just saying he was busy. Now i'm in a band with him and the people he finds all do drugs and last about a week with us. Now its just me, him, and our bassist(good guy but a druggie none-the-less). I am the ONLY one that tries to get anything together, i am the ONLY one that practices songs, i am the ONLY one that writes songs, i am the ONLY one that cares about taking music seriously, and it didn't used to be that way. I've told him to his face that i wish i just had 6 "me's" in the band so that we'd at least get stuff done. He then gets pissy at me and says he always shows up to practice and finds people for our band (that don't last a week). And when he does show up, he isn't prepared at all, the past few times he had to learn the songs at the practice. (cover songs with excellent tabs on the internet)

So as good as drugs may make you feel or whatever, its just an enormous waste of time and money. I don't care about the actual health hazards, but it kills your focus and motivation. If you plan on making music seriously get with a bunch of guys that will choose music over drugs anyday.

Aidy Damage
06-01-2007, 08:46 AM
Our ex-drummer was on the weed for ages before we gave him the boot. It's turned him into an emotional, paranoid, psychotic little bitch.

JesusVSMegaman
06-04-2007, 11:12 PM

It's your call dude

proove it

Maggot66
06-06-2007, 10:37 PM
Psychosis + Schizophrenia - YES, it can lead to these if used a LOT
Epilepsy - never heard of it being linked
Paranoid - YES, for me at least, can make senses magnified

I've done the drug many times and like to consider myself, and others who I smoke it with ( through a pipe if possible ), knowledgeable on it. Lung cancer can happen to anyone, anywhere - cigarettes are worse than joints are worse than eating it/smoking it straight.

------------------------------------------------

Facts or so-called "facts" aside ( there seems to be an arguement here ). I'd like to ask you one question :

Would you have a problem if it was alcohol?

Weed puts more tar in your lungs.

fretmaster91
06-06-2007, 11:38 PM
If you guys go play a gig, and the car your in gets pulled over, even if you dont smoke the weed your gonna get screwed to. I wouldn't hang out with a bunch of pot smokers.

trey-col89
06-07-2007, 04:39 PM
..... "I wouldn't hang out with a bunch of pot smokers." ^^ Pussy

Honestly, unless you're driving like a ****ing retard, you're not going to get pulled over. I guarantee by the time you guys are 17 or 18 you will be smoking pot.

fretmaster91
06-07-2007, 11:14 PM
I can garauntee that only bored idiots smoke weed, Im not a bored idiot. It seems you are though. P.S All people who smoke drugs become slaves to it. Im only a slave to music.

mw7
06-07-2007, 11:23 PM
I can garauntee that only bored idiots smoke weed, Im not a bored idiot. It seems you are though. P.S All people who smoke drugs become slaves to it. Im only a slave to music.

Wrong. I have a friend who does weed, yet he has a 90 something % average.

z4twenny
06-08-2007, 12:29 AM

this guy obviously didn't read my post about keeping a fulltime job, paying my bills, keeping my girls happy and recording a 12 song cd

Archeo Avis
06-08-2007, 12:58 AM

It's your call dude

...what?

BR00TAL
06-08-2007, 04:14 AM

ahahahaha.

whalepudding
06-08-2007, 04:21 AM
Have you met every single weed smoker?

Because if you haven't, you cannot say that all weed smokers are bored idiots that are slaves to weed.

demonofthenight
06-08-2007, 10:17 AM
apart from the fact it goes into your lungs, i reckon there is nothing wrong with it, just a little different to other drugs and a little more (less?) potent
what i wanna know is if it changes how you play?

trey-col89
06-09-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm a bored idiot am I? Well, I guess all bored idiots who are slaves to weed get 1300's on their SAT's and get into the best state college in New York, right dip****? When you get older, you'll realize that the 8th grade health class rhetoric you are trying to use on me is so flawed and generalized that its not even worth it to pay attention. Good day

xJawsh
06-09-2007, 06:46 PM

"Smoke Drugs"
bahahahahah!

Lendorav
06-09-2007, 07:14 PM

Be easy on him. I actually find it amusing how someone who knows absolutely nothing about the subject tries to look smart, relying on stereotypes and 8th grade health class.

Rock on, fretmaster91, rock on...

gtrhero93
06-09-2007, 10:19 PM
When you get older, you'll realize that the 8th grade health class rhetoric you are trying to use on me is so flawed and generalized that its not even worth it to pay attention. Good day

that could not be more true. i just took that class, and came to the conclusion that people who suffer Mr. Stefinedes's (my health teacher) class are just as likely to smoke some doobies, or drop acid or whatever the hell drug it is, as people who never take that class are.

Thebiz
06-10-2007, 12:25 AM
Everyone in my band smokes weed except me, and no problem is ever caused because they know I don't smoke it and they respect my decision, just like I respect theirs.

Unforgivable
06-11-2007, 09:00 AM
WEED IS A GOOD THING, IF THE WORLD WAS WEEDLESS IT WOULD BE A SAD PLACE.

Do what you want. It's your life, your decision. I wouldn't leave just because the band do it. Maybe discuss this with the band when they are less stoned. Tell them to smoke it outside or something so it doesn't get in your way.

All the stoners reading this thread will tell you not to quit, I'm with them!

;)

P.S. Just make sure you stay yourself, the band is nothing without personality. If you get famous without the weed smoking, you may get remembered as the man who never did it. MUHAHAHHAHAHAHA! Peace out!

P.S.S "Passes joint"

guitarfan93
06-12-2007, 03:46 PM
if your only bothered by the fact they smoke it, dont quit stay and ya know... take a few puffs. But if their behavior from it is bad go ahead quit (after you take their stash)

CAPTAINAMAZING
06-12-2007, 05:36 PM
junkies=bad
potheads=whatever your choice dude

I'll never do it but if you wanna its totally whatever just don't go out and recruit people to do it. waste of time and money (imo) but if you wanna do it go ahead more power too ya

mw7
06-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Haha, I got high today. It was pretty awesome. I never did it since last summer though. I also had an English grammar exam today and i got 92% on it while high.

Blues Breaker
06-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Alcohol related deaths - **** loads.
Weed realated death - minimal in comparison.

Plus there are alcoholics and alcohols brings out EGO!
I wish it was illegal!!!!

weed FTW

Outside Octaves
06-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Weed can make you somewhat lazy, but that's only if your genes are such.

I know it expanded my mind, and my hearing (and understanding of every sound I hear) goes farther than I ever can/could without it ;).

Though, I rarely do it myself. It takes at least 2 bowls worth of the good home-grown **** to get me high enough to hear like that though... thus why I rarely do marry-jane.

P.S.S. Takes a toke and passes, anyone?

z4twenny
06-13-2007, 09:31 PM
Alcohol related deaths - **** loads.
Weed realated death - minimal in comparison.

Plus there are alcoholics and alcohols brings out EGO!
I wish it was illegal!!!!

weed FTW

weed related deaths = 0 since the dawn of F#CKING TIME!

i stick w/ my original statement.

w3ird_people
06-13-2007, 09:58 PM

It's your call dude

you're mistaken. more potent psychadelics do that. the only way weed can harm you is if it is laced with a serious drug...like angel dust.

i found this funny because the same situation is paralleled in my band. our lead guitar player is a staight-edge kinda guy but me, the drummer, and the singer all smoke the mezz behind his back.

thejoker1549
06-13-2007, 10:05 PM
^^ Thanks I was just about to correct him

JasonUGA311
06-13-2007, 10:05 PM
alcohol + cars = bad.
weed + cars = bad.
15 minutes till gig + LOTS of achohol = bad.
15 minutes till gig or songwriting session + weed = inspiration.

nice bong rip and some tunes or video games or snacks.... good.

drug / alcohol use is all in the personality of the user. I know plenty of working professionals, lawyers, CPA's, Engineers, ect. ect. who still throw down like we used to in college. But they know how to keep it where it belongs and it doesn't interfere with normal social responsibilities.

So if it's causing damage other than to themselves then to each his own. But if it's getting in the way of the music or putting other people at risk then it's an issue.

Also I firmly believe the quality matters...... I feel like sh*t if I have to stoop down to dirt crumbles with someone. But I stick with the ridiculous stuff that looks like it came off a plant in the closet and it's all good.

mw7
06-13-2007, 10:49 PM
Weed can make you somewhat lazy, but that's only if your genes are such.

I know it expanded my mind, and my hearing (and understanding of every sound I hear) goes farther than I ever can/could without it ;).

Though, I rarely do it myself. It takes at least 2 bowls worth of the good home-grown **** to get me high enough to hear like that though... thus why I rarely do marry-jane.

P.S.S. Takes a toke and passes, anyone?

2 bowls? Freakin half a dime will get you high.

Americanhoser
06-14-2007, 09:14 PM

It's your call dude

All things I obtained from watching too much japanesse anime.

LonelyHashBrown
06-16-2007, 07:37 PM
stick with it man. If the music you guys make is good, there should be no problem. You can tell them no smoking before practices or gigs, but they might anyway. I bet if they are real pro potheads, you wont be able to tell....except maybe they will play amazingly great and then you can tell :cool: